Author Topic: Your hopes for the next KD album?  (Read 22078 times)

Offline GGGOOODD

• Ghost of Change
Re: Your hopes for the next KD album?
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2016, 12:09:46 pm »
King is also an amazing man who has quit smoking cold turkey in 2010, and has been sounding better than ever. His vocals are far from declining.
Not a 100% sure what you are basing your comment on, really.

-----

Hey, I got my own segment on album opinions! *grin*

King said several times that if the story requires any parts to be sung by me, and it makes perfect sense to do so as per the story or production or whatever, then I will do it. But in the same equal vein, if there is no need, he will not shoehorn me into the album/story, simply because I am his wife and I need to be on it.
Obviously. :)

Let me add here (without sounding self-aggrandizing), that my vocals have improved considerably in the past 9 years since the last album. :)

Oh King sounds great right now definitely. I'm just worried that after all that smoking and screaming his vocal chords won't hold up long term... There must be some permanent damage even after quitting. I probably should have kept that first post in my head but whatever. (Also I think even if his voice is shot he could do quiet growls and sound like a grumpy old demon lol.  :)

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2016, 09:26:33 pm »
I wish they would take a month or so and all get together and create and record the album TOGETHER.
This is what i'm hoping as well. I really think everyone together would be able to bring out the best of one another so to speak. I understand the logistics of that isn't exactly simple but i do think the story and songwriting would be enhanced when everyone is together. There's a lot of talent in that bunch and i think we'd hear even more of it be showcased that way.

Congrats to king on quitting smoking. It's such a tough thing to do- i know i still battle it daily and slip occasionally. I'm glad to hear he's been able to stay away from that shit- i'm watching it kill a family member now and it's a horrible way to go. Sorry to sound like a PSA but once you see it first hand it definitely changes your perspective. Just happy king gave it up before it was too late.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:40:21 pm by camarochick »

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2016, 08:15:48 pm »
In the latest Sweden Rock Magazine #4 - April 2016.

"
Sweden Rock: Will there be a new King Diamond-record?
King: Surely. I definitely want to do another album, and when it comes it will have to make people shit their pants.
I am convinced that we can make such a record. I've got a personal recording-studio for my vocals in my own house
now. So if I suddenly feel the rush to record vocals in the dead of night,  I can do it instantly.
I really don't care what the rumours are concerning the new material. The album arrives when it arrives.
"

I for one can't wait to see King Diamond live again in a couple of weeks in Sweden!
Folks, be patient. It's not like there isn't enough KD-records to appreciate while we await a new opus.

NP: King Diamond "The Eye"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 04:55:53 am by TheUnborn »

Offline paulcoz

• Mandrake
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2018, 09:29:10 am »
I think this topic is fit for resurrection. We were talking about this three years ago, lol.

King has now reportedly compiled 80% of the ideas, with possible verses & rhymes for a concept album. Andy has some riffs in the works. :)

What I love about KD's best music is its ENERGY - the combination of both melodic rhythm & lead guitars, independent of each other. The melodrama! Backed by King's stories, falsetto, shrieking & vocal harmonies. Yes, the progressive elements. Hope to hear more of them.

Are we still wishing for the same thing in 2018? :gah:

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:53:16 am by paulcoz »
Paulcoz.

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2018, 07:30:51 pm »
In the latest Sweden Rock Magazine (as my post three years ago), I read that King wants the dynamics and production in the vein of the original Abigail-album on the new record.
This I give a hundred thumbs up to. He gives quite a detailed description of what he is after on the new album, and it sends me chills of excitement.
He even mentions that King and Andy were discussing that it would be great to have Roberto Falcao back to do some producing. I don't know if that
will ever happen, but it would be one hell of a package!

I for one would love for a band like King Diamond that records an album today and existed in 80's would go back to that big and epic 80's style that made those early KD-albums so massive.

Fingers crossed for everything!

Offline paulcoz

• Mandrake
« Reply #80 on: May 28, 2018, 06:04:52 am »
Quote from: TheUnborn
"He even mentions that King and Andy were discussing that it would be great to have Roberto Falcao back to do some producing. I don't know if that
will ever happen, but it would be one hell of a package!

I don't want to get your hopes up, but Andy mentioned Robert Falcao again in this April 2018 interview! Skip to 10:17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX8rO6OUHiI

That would be interesting if he was involved with KD in 2018, either as a co-producer or keyboardist. :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 06:06:04 am by paulcoz »
Paulcoz.

Offline GraveyardCamper

• Spirit
« Reply #81 on: June 02, 2018, 04:44:56 am »
Just hoping it will sound like KD. And it will. Classics are always classics, but I'm a friend of their newer stuff as well. The thing about the new album sounding close to 'Abigail' would be cool, though. The sounds are just perfect on that one.

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #82 on: June 02, 2018, 07:27:01 pm »
It will, as always, sound like King Diamond. We all know that they won't copy the production of Abigail, but it would be very cool to get that big and massive sound back in King Diamond again. Big choirs and a lot reverb and effects on the vocals. Whatever they decide to do, I know it will be brilliant.

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #83 on: June 02, 2018, 07:28:38 pm »
I don't want to get your hopes up, but Andy mentioned Robert Falcao again in this April 2018 interview! Skip to 10:17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX8rO6OUHiI

That would be interesting if he was involved with KD in 2018, either as a co-producer or keyboardist. :)

VERY cool to hear Andy mention Falcao. I really don't know why he disappeared after The Eye. He would have been perfect on The Spiders Lullabye with all the keyboards used on that album.

Damn. SO excited for the new King Diamond-album!

Offline GraveyardCamper

• Spirit
« Reply #84 on: June 14, 2018, 03:11:43 am »
It will, as always, sound like King Diamond.

Yeah, Manowar always sings "we don't change". King doesn't have to.

So when is the new record coming? Next year, or what? Lazy man for not reading the news.

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2018, 10:33:21 am »
I still wouldn't hold my breath guys.
The Roberto Falcao remark is very promising for sure. But... I just don't know. I somehow feel the new album is not going to happen, at least not in the very near future.

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2018, 10:33:47 pm »
At this point, ANYTHING would be nice.

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Victim Of The Coven
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2018, 09:27:44 pm »
No need for a long discussion   I just want all the guys to be in top form as they have been i expect some new and inventive vocal passages by King some excellent rhythm by Andy Mike and Pontus with some strong and aggressive drum lines from Matt..

More Basically  its needs to be fucking ! heavy and i know the band is capable of it so lets go and make this album a true metal masterpiece as many before.   I had to Modify this message because i forgot a very important aspect of King Diamond that is Livia i wish to hear her on the new album as well.

Stay Heavy  \m/
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:39:07 pm by Shadowswhisper »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2018, 09:09:06 pm »
We are well into July of 2018, so even if King Diamond starts to record this year, it definitely won't see the light of day until some time next year, 2019.
And I really hope King let's his very own Matt Thompson get more room to do his drumming, just like Mikkey Dee got on his four albums in the 80's. Let Matt make his signature in King Diamond and really show what he is good for!

I honestly can't believe it's already been 11 years since Give Me Your Soul Please was released. God damn time moves fast!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:46:59 pm by TheUnborn »