Author Topic: August 3rd Announcement Speculation thread  (Read 39747 times)

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
Re: August 3rd Announcement Speculation thread
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2015, 11:07:20 am »
I am sitting in the waiting room for the NYC show (axs.com) but I am not clear on when this room is actually going to open...lol  I may be watching this page refresh until Friday????

If you dont have Pre Sale the Axs site clearly states that tickets don't go on sale to the general public until this Friday at 10 AM.  If you have pre sale I have no clue.

Offline marblesmike

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2015, 11:17:31 am »
Just got tickets for Philly, $105 for the pair.  A little steep but hey, it's King!  It's at a new Fillmore venue that's opening up a few blocks from my apartment so I'm pretty psyched!  Now just finding a friend to go...my gf said she'd go although she thinks King and his music are "scary" haha.

Offline urnamehere

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2015, 01:00:07 pm »
If you dont have Pre Sale the Axs site clearly states that tickets don't go on sale to the general public until this Friday at 10 AM.  If you have pre sale I have no clue.

Yea I have a code but it doesn't seem to work  :-(

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2015, 01:46:23 pm »
18 shows.

:icon_cool:

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2015, 01:58:46 pm »
Got my tickets for the Boston show! Row 11, left-center orchestra! Pricey, but well worth it for the king!  :king:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:00:51 pm by Madhatter »
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline KevDiamond823

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2015, 02:02:18 pm »
Got my tickets for the Boston show! Row 11, left-center orchestra! Pricey, but well worth it for the king!  :king:
Where did you get your tickets? Ticketmaster was all out of front orchestra

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2015, 02:44:53 pm »
Where did you get your tickets? Ticketmaster was all out of front orchestra

My friend ordered them this morning. I'll have to ask him.
And the blood shall flow free like words... And the bones will form stairs to the future...

Offline KevDiamond823

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2015, 03:09:19 pm »
Stub hub bought all the prime seats and are charging double and triple, it's bullshit. I was able to snag front row center mezzanine

Offline kaijueiga

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2015, 03:54:02 pm »
Stub hub should be illegal.

I just bought 2 tickets left center 3rd row mezzanine for Boston. Might have to sell one later down the line if my buddy can't go though. I really wanted some decent floor seats though...that citibank presale ruined that. Really hoping for some kind of VIP thing...i'd love to meet King and the band.

Offline KevDiamond823

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2015, 04:05:03 pm »
Not sure if you been there but the mezzanine are good viewing seats, your still close and right on top of stage. Place is a dump though.

Offline kaijueiga

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2015, 04:14:42 pm »
Not sure if you been there but the mezzanine are good viewing seats, your still close and right on top of stage. Place is a dump though.
Yeah i've never been; it definitely looked like a dump from the google pictures. I hope there's not anyone who's over 6 feet in the 2 rows in front of me though, or at least that the rows are decently staggered. I really wish this had been at the Palladium....also a dump, but a general admission dump.

Offline KevDiamond823

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2015, 04:19:41 pm »
I was shocked when i saw it wasn't at the palladium. Yeah I'm 5'4 and tall people always find there way in front of me, atleast the seats will gradually rise so you get an extra boost.

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2015, 04:52:28 pm »
Only 39.50 for tickets here and no seated or expensive section bullshit.  Really glad to be in Minneapolis/St Paul for once. ( kidding of course TC rules! )

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2015, 05:24:48 pm »
Stub Hub says there's only 20 tickets left for the NOLA show at $96 a pop!

Yet  the venue's website says they go on sale friday at 10am, $40...

I'll wait til Friday morning.

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2015, 05:57:44 pm »
I went ahead and bought a back up ticket for the LA gig since there were no pit tickets available today. I've been checking all day since 7am, and nothing. Anyone else have any luck getting GA pit for Los Angeles? I'll have to try again on Friday!

Offline Madhatter

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2015, 06:11:03 pm »
I really wish this had been at the Palladium....also a dump, but a general admission dump.

I hate the palladium. Filthy, rude security and horrible sound. I can't say much for the orpheum as I've never been there, but I'll take the reserved seating over GA. I'm at the age where I like to enjoy the show without having to look over my shoulder for some lunatic swinging his fist or getting kicked in the head by a crowd surfer. I did make it to font row at the last King show at the Palladium. It was uncomfortable but worth it... great experience! I hope the sound is good at the Orpheum.

Offline marblesmike

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2015, 07:14:58 am »
Stub hub bought all the prime seats and are charging double and triple, it's bullshit. I was able to snag front row center mezzanine

That's not how it works.  There are brokers (licensed) and they get tickets from the ticket outlets (Ticketmaster, AXS, Live Nation, etc) and try to sell them for inflated prices as they can.  What doesn't sell often goes back to the outlet to be put on mainstream sale again, often just days before the event.  That's why great seats for so many "sold out" shows show up on Ticketmaster the day before the show.

Also, Stub Hub is a great ticket resale marketplace.  My dad and I have sold extra/unneeded tickets on there several times.  It takes the hassle out of using something like Craigslist or eBay.

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2015, 11:23:40 am »
The other good thing about Stubhub is that you aren't going to get scammed with fake tickets.  But I agree that the brokers do snatch up a bunch of the tickets and sell them for way too much on Stubhub when the shows get sold out on AXS, Ticketmaster, etc.  Last year the tickets to King Diamond in San Francisco were close to $200 each... sometimes they surged even higher.  Right now the GA tickets for Ghost are $196 each.  Ridiculous.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #118 on: August 06, 2015, 11:34:02 am »
Fuck stubhub and ticketmaster for allowing them to scalp tickets. Last I heard scalping is illegal, so why do they get away with it? Nothing at all good about any if them.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #119 on: August 06, 2015, 11:53:19 am »
That's not how it works.  There are brokers (licensed) and they get tickets from the ticket outlets (Ticketmaster, AXS, Live Nation, etc) and try to sell them for inflated prices as they can.  What doesn't sell often goes back to the outlet to be put on mainstream sale again, often just days before the event.  That's why great seats for so many "sold out" shows show up on Ticketmaster the day before the show.

Also, Stub Hub is a great ticket resale marketplace.  My dad and I have sold extra/unneeded tickets on there several times.  It takes the hassle out of using something like Craigslist or eBay.

Yeah stubhub is licensed brokers and common people selling tickets.  Anybody is allowed to sell on stubhub.  I love buying tickets there.  I get tickets for many events much cheaper than box office price.  I bought a Stones ticket with a face value of $600 and I paid $80 for it.  I was about 30 feet from Keith all night. 

Offline swintek

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #120 on: August 06, 2015, 09:48:15 pm »
While I am very excited- and grateful- about the tour, unfortunately, I have had the same experience as last year getting Wiltern tickets: confusion and lack of information from the band about presale info for the die hard fans, and once figured out on our own- shut out of the best seats in the house. Just paid $108 for 2 GA "seats". I'm not blaming the band or management as I realize that they have little to zero control over how tickets are sold. But, as a HUGE supporter of this band for nearly 30 years- I'm disappointed that I am once again unable to get the seats I want- even being diligent and willing to pay for it. Ok, griping over. Again, not blaming the band- just the situation. I'm still going (hey, I understand that I'm very lucky to even be "getting" to see this really exclusive tour!), and it's going to be great, I'm sure. Considering that my friend and I were most excited to see The Black Horsemen live on the last tour- and King was so sick with food poisoning he couldn't perform it- this will be an even bigger event. 

Offline urnamehere

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #121 on: August 07, 2015, 06:26:53 am »
Officially hate axs.com

But got my two tix anyway.

Woohoooo!!!!!

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 08:01:54 am by urnamehere »

Offline piecemeal

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #122 on: August 07, 2015, 08:10:17 am »
Well I'm kinda pissed I couldn't get pit tickets to Wiltern. Was on at 7am each day.  Got them in my cart the first day but didn't have a Citicard  :devil-smiley-011: :devil-smiley-011: :devil-smiley-011:

I guess ticket agents got wind of the fact that King is a solid draw.   ::)

Happy to be seeing him for the 3 time in just over a year tho!

Offline piecemeal

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2015, 08:21:56 am »
There are currently 12 people hawking pit tickets for Wiltern, 4 tickets each.  Thats 48 tickets out of 200 max? that went to scalpers?  And those are only the ones that have been posted already.  Pretty ridiculous, and this of course is just a small time example.  Ticketmaster/LiveNation will do nothing to stop scalpers now that they have their own scalping service!!! Christ. Where's Pearl Jam when you need them?

Offline urnamehere

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2015, 08:45:02 am »
piecemeal,

I had several tabs open each on two different PCs and when my spot came up in line I saw nothing that would have prevented me from maxing out each purchase, which I believe was 8 tix.  So in a theater that holds 2100 people I alone *could* have bought 60-70 tix this morning.
I didn't because reselling tix for profit just isn't my game, but it was tempting!!