Author Topic: August 3rd Announcement Speculation thread  (Read 31853 times)

Offline madOrange

• Spirit
Re: August 3rd Announcement Speculation thread
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2015, 01:55:34 PM »
Would it be worth starting a Kickstarter to fund a date in the UK????

Offline Marcel

• Ghost of Change
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2015, 01:56:59 PM »
No European tour at all???  >:D
-->King Diamond live @ FortaRock June 5th 2016, Nijmegen NL. <--

Offline MichelleCW

• Unborn
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »
Let's start talking presale codes.  Tomorrow 7am PT Citicard members only.  Wednesday 7am PT LiveNation/LiveNation mobile...

Doesn't Look like the tickets for the show on 11/2/15 in SF at the Warfield are selling on LiveNation.. They are being sold on AXS- Trying to find pre-Sale info.  If anyone has any please post :).  Thank you

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2015, 02:07:49 PM »
No European tour at all???  >:D

I think the window between touring NA and recording a new album is too short to make Europe happen, and also not profitable enough when you consider the logistics of the huge stage show. The festivals made sense, to put his name back in the hat before a new album release later on. He will probably tour Europe after a new album release. I am guessing the Abigail tour is just a treat for the "local" fans, and a way to generate a little extra revenue before hitting the studio. It makes a lot of sense. (Again: FLOOOORRRIIIDDDAAAAAAA!!!)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2015, 03:20:47 PM »
More shows again. We are never going to get a new album! No fresh material after all these years :(
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline madOrange

• Spirit
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2015, 03:32:40 PM »
I think the window between touring NA and recording a new album is too short to make Europe happen, and also not profitable enough when you consider the logistics of the huge stage show. The festivals made sense, to put his name back in the hat before a new album release later on. He will probably tour Europe after a new album release. I am guessing the Abigail tour is just a treat for the "local" fans, and a way to generate a little extra revenue before hitting the studio. It makes a lot of sense. (Again: FLOOOORRRIIIDDDAAAAAAA!!!)

I do not agree tbh. We got one date at Bloodstock! We get mugged off every time he tours.

I am pretty pissed off about this news as I be a lot of people in Europe are.  king has only just done a USA and NA tour.

Let me guess, your in America right?

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
  • The dreams... They always do come true
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2015, 03:34:00 PM »
More shows again. We are never going to get a new album! No fresh material after all these years :(
As someone who has been a fan for many, many years and who's favorite band is King Diamond, I am OK with them touring for a while, especially if I get to see them live. I discovered King right after his herniated disk took him out of action for all those years, so I'm content with getting my view count up before they take a studio break :king:
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2015, 04:16:06 PM »
I do not agree tbh. We got one date at Bloodstock! We get mugged off every time he tours.

I am pretty pissed off about this news as I be a lot of people in Europe are.  king has only just done a USA and NA tour.

Yes, I am but I still stand by my assessment. Europe had a Summer 2013 tour, and then additional festival dates throughout summer 2014, for 18 dates in all. His NA tour in 2014 was 19 dates in all. The Mayhem festival kind of goes outside the normal touring as he is part of a touring bill outside his control. This Abigail tour is a bonus thing before the band resets and goes back in the studio. A European tour is whole other huge project better saved for a new album release. I could be wrong, but I bet you I am not.

Furthermore, just because I am in America, it doesn't mean he is playing in my backyard. By him not coming to Florida, the closest venue is 500 miles away from me, so it might as well be on the other side of the world.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline Spectre

• Just A Shadow
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2015, 04:36:29 PM »
Finally Philadephia.

Offline Owen

• Jonah
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2015, 04:38:00 PM »

I saw him at Bloodstock and he was amazing! Having said that I really wish he'd come to Scotland, but I don't think he ever will. We have a pretty good scene for traditional and classic metal, but nowhere near enough to fill out a venue that could facillitate King's full stage show, and since he's said he won't perform anywhere where he can't have the full stage show I think we're fucked.  :icon_frown:

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2015, 04:43:44 PM »
So stoked for the St Paul show!  Would have definitely made the trip to chicago for this since I've missed the last two tours and Abigail is my favorite album of all time but its awesome that I don't have to.

Furthermore, just because I am in America, it doesn't mean he is playing in my backyard. By him not coming to Florida, the closest venue is 500 miles away from me, so it might as well be on the other side of the world.

I think people in Europe forget how huge the US is.  In Europe you can hop multiple countries faster than you can get through a couple states.  This will definitely be the last US tour for a while anyways since there are plenty of casual metalheads who after seeing King Diamond once are satisfied and won't bother again.  The Abigail setlist will be the one thing that draws a lot of people back who otherwise would pass.

Offline King

• The King Of Diamonds
    • https://www.facebook.com/travis.falcon.94
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2015, 05:42:31 PM »
Excited!!!Hopefully I am able to go to the St.Paul concert. This will be my 2nd King concert first one was in 2005 in Minneapolis.

What a coincidence was just listening to Bonded by Blood from Exodus these past few days.

:king: \m/ :king: \m/ :king: \m/

Offline madOrange

• Spirit
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2015, 05:44:12 PM »
I am well aware how large the USA is thank you.

However, getting on a plane to travel 500 miles is a lot easier than me having to travel to the states from the UK.

I understand your point regarding the cost etc of King doing Europe.  I am just gutted.

Offline DirtbikeDave917

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2015, 05:45:20 PM »
TK roadtrip???

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2015, 05:49:00 PM »
Oh well, time to update my sig!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2015, 08:15:19 PM »
I wonder what the stage will like? Will it still be the cool way it has been with the Satanic Church stuff every where or will there be some new type
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline urnamehere

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »
Ya but EU has a ton of festivals which still are not very big in US.  Also, I remember King saying when asked about locations that he would like to play as many places as possible but it is really a decision that the promoter(s) make and the band essentially goes where they are able.  I too am biased here because I just got to see him at BestBuy in NYC and will again for this one.  I may even travel a bit and try to catch this more than once because ABIGAIL!!!!

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2015, 09:02:33 PM »
TK roadtrip???
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would love to, but I don't know yet. I don't have the days to take off, and something else that's gonna be sucking up my money going on. i am considering it, though!

I also agree with Grace. After this tour, it will be New Album, then Europe tour.

for anyone bitching about no new album, no europe tour: CALM YOURSELVES.Be grateful that King is touring hard, sounding great, and showing the world (especially USA where metal is not as popular as it should ), that he is still the KING, his band fucking rocks, and nothing is stopping them from putting on kick-ass shows. Even if I never saw him in concert again, the fact that he is out on the road and still kicking ass live, well, that in itself makes me happy.

So, please calm down (I know it hasn't exploded here yet, but just saying this before it does): I don't want to put on the admin hat and start writing in red.  :cool:

Offline urnamehere

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2015, 09:34:34 PM »
TK...I am flooding this thread but I have to agree with you.  As much as I enjoyed seeing KD in the small venue setting it blows my mind that he is playing to audiences of 2,000 when so many lesser talents fill stadiums ten times that size.

Case in point...I am going to PNC Arts Center in Holmdel NJ Wednesday to see Lamb of God & Slipknot (if they can keep from stabbing each other to death and passing out on stage) to what I'm sure will be a big turnout if not a sold out show.  I don't begrudge them, obviously cause I'm paying my bux to go, but how the general public (at least in the US) does not see KD in a similar fashion is crazy to me.

Offline Marcel

• Ghost of Change
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2015, 12:13:29 AM »
Well, for me just dissapointment. I am only still pissed off about the sudden cancellation in Tilburg last year.  :devil-smiley-011:

Ehmmm..... does that matter? Give the guy a break and let him enjoy the show. He is still our brother in King Diamond. No matter what.  :king:
-->King Diamond live @ FortaRock June 5th 2016, Nijmegen NL. <--

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2015, 01:20:59 AM »
Well, for me just dissapointment. I am only still pissed off about the sudden cancellation in Tilburg last year.  :devil-smiley-011:
Same here! Last time they played in Italy was in 2006! Every tour announcement along these last 9 years was a disillusion! Always here, behind the screen, following the video uploading on Youtube day after day, getting excited and crying at the same time! :icon_cry:
Let's hope for the tour supporting the upcoming new album! It will be the case for playing in every European country! :)

Offline krisjay

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2015, 05:56:43 AM »
Abigail is such a beast vocally, if I hadn't seen him on the last headlining US tour, I wouldn't think it could be pulled off. However I did see him and have no doubt King is more than capable of pulling this off, I dare say it may be better than back in the day. I do hope there are some changes to the stage setup just to bring the Abigail mood more into focus. I am also hoping he mixes up the songs after Abigail is over, maybe play some stuff he didn't play on the last tours. Either way, hotel is booked.

Offline madOrange

• Spirit
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2015, 06:39:05 AM »
Yeah, I have calmed down now. Still gutted.

However, after his surgery, he is healthy and we can still look forward to new albums and possibly DVDs :)

I hope he comes back to the UK soon.

Long live the King.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2015, 08:14:54 AM »
I will be at the NYC gig very cool. I do wish it was a Them/Conspiracy tour though  :D After this little run is done I hope we get a new album.

Offline BodomFlyer

• Unborn
Re: August 3rd Announcement Speculation thread....PRESALE code
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2015, 08:33:23 AM »
Hi all,
Very excited about this tour as I had to pass up Mayhem Fest (would have been going for King and Slayer only).  Atlanta, here I come.  I wanted to share the code you can use for the presale that just started.  It says you need to enter the first 6 digits of your citicard.  Well, I don't have one, but I went to their site and tried the first numbers on their generic card image, and it worked!  :D 412800.  \m/