Author Topic: August 3rd Announcement Speculation thread  (Read 42336 times)

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
Re: August 3rd Announcement Speculation thread
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2015, 03:38:58 am »
3rd show in NY added. Me thinks that a third one in LA will be added if the second Wiltern show sells out, that would be pretty sweet! Although I too am a bit worried about his health, don't want him overdoing it and ending up like Lemmy :disturbed:! We want you healthy King!
King drove his life in a very different way from Lemmy! Plus he's about 10 years younger! Don't worry, it won't happen!

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #176 on: September 22, 2015, 10:35:49 am »
We just finished a 5 week long tour where we played 5 times a week and no rest. We'll be all good on this one, don't worry :)
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline LucasRomao

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #177 on: September 22, 2015, 01:04:15 pm »
We just finished a 5 week long tour where we played 5 times a week and no rest. We'll be all good on this one, don't worry :)

All expectation that are being created around the songs that will be played, the confirmation of the 1st dvd / blu-ray and all the other things that the fans are thinking about this tour.
I'm sure that the band will be awesome and all the fans insane in all the dates!!! (At least I will be in all the shows).
This will be one of the best, if not the best tour ever!!!

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
  • The dreams... They always do come true
« Reply #178 on: September 22, 2015, 04:47:30 pm »
Well, you guys know your own limits more than we do, so guess it's all good! In any case, looking forward to the tour! \m/
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline urnamehere

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2015, 08:43:00 pm »

Wow I just read my post again and realized how rude it could be interpreted as!  Definitely meant no disrespect to King  :icon_twisted:

It's so awesome that you are here and so involved Livia.  Can't wait for November in NYC!

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #180 on: September 24, 2015, 04:42:43 pm »
Two new shows announced! Pittsburgh and San Diego! This is huge for me, since San Diego, CA is where my home town, and where I live! My mind stopped working for a minute when I found out, my mind stopped working for a few minutes as I was too giddy to function properly. My only thought was "King Diamond is coming to my home town!!!" King, Livia and company, thank you guys for adding San Diego to the list! I know you get this a lot, but you guys are my heroes! Your music helped me put my life back on track when I was down in the gutters and going somewhere bad. I'm glad that throughout these past North American tours I've been able to give back to you guys by buying tickets and merch! Seeing your live performances is a genuine treat, one of the greatest performances I've ever laid eyes on. Once again, thank you for giving us San Diegans a chance to witness your incredible live performance! I'll see you on the 4th of November!
"We are Grim Salvation, we play heavy metal and melt faces, now quit gawking and go mental!"

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #181 on: September 24, 2015, 06:37:27 pm »
I already had tickets to the first LA show and the Vegas show. Then they announced a 2nd LA show which I also got a ticket for. And now that they're playing in San Diego (where I actually live), looks like I'll have tickets for 4 different shows on this upcoming tour! Yeah, I'm a big fan. Lol. I'd post a picture of my KD and MF vinyl collection if I could. Anyways looking forward to the shows in November!  :king:

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #182 on: September 24, 2015, 06:41:55 pm »
I already had tickets to the first LA show and the Vegas show. Then they announced a 2nd LA show which I also got a ticket for. And now that they're playing in San Diego (where I actually live), looks like I'll have tickets for 4 different shows on this upcoming tour! Yeah, I'm a big fan. Lol. I'd post a picture of my KD and MF vinyl collection if I could. Anyways looking forward to the shows in November!  :king:
Good to see another San Diegan here on the Coven! Up for a meet up before the show? Get our own mini coven meet up going? :king:

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #183 on: September 24, 2015, 06:51:09 pm »
Good to see another San Diegan here on the Coven! Up for a meet up before the show? Get our own mini coven meet up going? :king:
I most likely have to work that day/afternoon, but sure. Maybe we can designate a place for everyone from the Coven that's going to the SD show to meet up at before hand. I'm pretty sure the venue they're playing at doesn't serve alcohol. So maybe we can meet up at a small restaurant or brewery nearby that allows all ages and also serves drinks. Either way, cool to meet you brother! It's going to be one hell of a show!

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #184 on: September 24, 2015, 07:13:51 pm »
I most likely have to work that day/afternoon, but sure. Maybe we can designate a place for everyone from the Coven that's going to the SD show to meet up at before hand. I'm pretty sure the venue they're playing at doesn't serve alcohol. So maybe we can meet up at a small restaurant or brewery nearby that allows all ages and also serves drinks. Either way, cool to meet you brother! It's going to be one hell of a show!
That sounds like a good idea! I think Crazee Burger is near by, never been there myself but I've seen a lot of commercials for it back in the day. Maybe we can get a small headcount of who's going to the show and take a vote. Either way, stoked that King is coming to San Diego for this tour! Sure Mayhemfest was kick ass, but to me it didn't feel like a COMPLETE King Diamond show. Still an incredible show, nonetheless. Can't wait for this one though, Abigail entirely filmed live? Holy shit \m/ :king:!

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #185 on: September 25, 2015, 12:04:54 am »
Total bullshit they didn't add anything in rye Pacific NW! very disappointed with how we got shafted.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2015, 08:02:09 am »
Total bullshit they didn't add anything in rye Pacific NW! very disappointed with how we got shafted.

It's not the result of our lack of trying. Promoters in those areas were simply not interested in bringing us. Same for Florida, Toronto, or many of the other places I get messages about.
They don't believe in high enough demand, and so they turn down our booking agent and our offers.

Honestly I am getting a little tired of receiving angry and disrespectful messages both in public and private about how the band "are assholes" and "fuck you for not playing where I live".

Please go to your local promoter and request us, make them aware of the demand. This is out of our hands!

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2015, 08:42:08 am »

It's not the result of our lack of trying. Promoters in those areas were simply not interested in bringing us. Same for Florida, Toronto, or many of the other places I get messages about.
They don't believe in high enough demand, and so they turn down our booking agent and our offers.

Honestly I am getting a little tired of receiving angry and disrespectful messages both in public and private about how the band "are assholes" and "fuck you for not playing where I live".

Please go to your local promoter and request us, make them aware of the demand. This is out of our hands!
I understand both sides.
It's a bit disappointing for for fans where your city (or country) is left behind..
btw, I am sure it's disappointing for the band not being able to attend every fan. People who have met the band always says that all of the members are very kind and attentive to the fans, so I am sure that they would love to play everywhere if a promoter is willing to bring them.

but I guess Satans KINGdom was not angry with the band. Looks like he is angry with the situation itself.
I made the mistake of writing a message that could be disrpectful with the band, but I was never angry with the band. I knew it was not King's fault. I was just angry with the situation and sometimes when you send a written message you may express yourself poorly and be misinterpreted.

But SK, don't be angry. I am sure you will be able to see King soon, as well as me.
 :king:

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2015, 09:20:45 am »
I understand the frustration. We'd love to go play anywhere, where people want us. We'd go play the north pole for damn sake, ha!

But when you receive messages day in and day out that point out what "fuckers you are", it sucks.
Like yesterday, when we posted the San Diego and Pittsburgh announcements. We are very excited to announce these shows, anticipate pressing the post button, and read happy comments.
Would you like to know what the first comment was? The very first?
I quote:
"Seriously fuck you and the no vancouver dates. Assholes"

Of course one comment like that doesn't matter. We get to read plenty of posts from very happy and super excited people. (points up to wildchildelsner)

But some just forget that there is another person on the receiving end, behind the computer, who just worked their ass off to make something happen (even if the result didn't affect your city).

Edit: I'd just like to point out that in our camp, WE are the ones who read all fan comments, be it here, Facebook, private messages, etc. Not a management company employee who might or might not even know what you're about.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 09:24:21 am by Livia Zita »

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2015, 10:15:43 am »

I must agree with you. it's probably very frustating receiving this kind of message.
That makes me think again about that message I left some time ago about the guitar giveaway.  :-[

Anyway, I am totally better about this. maybe I will see king live someday, maybe not. I am a lot happy with the DVD and I have a different plan about seeing you guys live. It has a very small chance it may happen because there are too many people who needs to be involved (including the band, of course), but if everything goes according the plan, it's gonna be awesome :smileok:

Also, about you being the ones who answers everything, I always wondered: King has an account here but he barely logs in. Does he use your account sometime to check what's going on? Or he doesn't log in personally but you keep him up to date.

I thought maybe he is not much a computer guy, so you are the one to read him the messages and he tells you what to post.

Offline desecrator_of_soul

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
  • Oh Satan, I beseech thee to have mercy on my soul!
« Reply #190 on: September 25, 2015, 10:19:53 am »
I don’t get how someone can say “Fuck you” to the band over not being able to see them, haha it's so contradicting. You’d think the extent of fandom that evokes that kind of passion would walk hand in hand with respect.
People were getting so pissed at the Wiltern show because the band took long to come out (Food poisoning night), and I stood there with two severely herniated discs in agony, me and my friends worried, only hoping nothing bad happened to the band haha ^^ The things that are out of our hands don't find hold suddenly by being a belligerent asshole. "Fuck King Diamond!" *Poof* -King Diamond appears-

But, being that it is the metal scene- I’m sure those particular people are more upset that they’re missing out on a potential metal gathering and not so much missing out on the band.

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #191 on: September 25, 2015, 10:33:11 am »
Or he doesn't log in personally but you keep him up to date.

I thought maybe he is not much a computer guy, so you are the one to read him the messages and he tells you what to post.

This right here :) That's why his comments/replies usually get posted under my account name.

However, he does check the Facebook comments personally.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #192 on: September 25, 2015, 10:34:27 am »
No disrespect meant for the band, just pissed off I wont get to experience this show. If it were a tour like the 2014 tour, I'd be pissed also, but not as bad as I sm about missing this one. Abigail ranks right up there with one of my all time favorite album, and getting a chance to see it performed live will never happen again. So yeah I'm pissed off! If I had more time under my belt with my new job I'd take the time off and drive down to San Francisco.

You say contact promoters, most of us would probably have no clue who they would be. I can call the moore theater and yell at them? With a hundred theaters and venues in the area, which ones are we supposed to know to contact? Tell us who said they didn't want to bring the show up here and I'll be happy to give them a piece of my mind.

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #193 on: September 25, 2015, 11:01:52 am »
I understand the frustration. We'd love to go play anywhere, where people want us. We'd go play the north pole for damn sake, ha!

But when you receive messages day in and day out that point out what "fuckers you are", it sucks.
Like yesterday, when we posted the San Diego and Pittsburgh announcements. We are very excited to announce these shows, anticipate pressing the post button, and read happy comments.
Would you like to know what the first comment was? The very first?
I quote:

Of course one comment like that doesn't matter. We get to read plenty of posts from very happy and super excited people. (points up to wildchildelsner)

But some just forget that there is another person on the receiving end, behind the computer, who just worked their ass off to make something happen (even if the result didn't affect your city).

Edit: I'd just like to point out that in our camp, WE are the ones who read all fan comments, be it here, Facebook, private messages, etc. Not a management company employee who might or might not even know what you're about.

Sometimes I was fustrated, I know king maybe never comes to my Country, but I am very happy with the blue ray news, I will buy it, and see king the best closer that I can

Thank you King and Livia for this chance, to the people in the rest of the world that can see you finally like real life
« Last Edit: September 25, 2015, 11:03:26 am by bolivarmaxi »
BAMT

Offline wildchildelsner

• Voodoo Priest
« Reply #194 on: September 25, 2015, 11:05:30 am »
Hi Livia, just wanted to thank you again for bringing the show to San Diego! However, I noticed something about the San Diego date, the Facebook post mentioned that Exodus is not playing that night. Does that mean that you guys will have a longer set, or will there be another opening band that night? Like a possible local opener? Thanks!

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2015, 12:18:48 pm »
Hi Livia, just wanted to thank you again for bringing the show to San Diego! However, I noticed something about the San Diego date, the Facebook post mentioned that Exodus is not playing that night. Does that mean that you guys will have a longer set, or will there be another opening band that night? Like a possible local opener? Thanks!

I would imagine there will be a local band opening, but I don't know who.

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #196 on: September 25, 2015, 04:58:03 pm »
I am at a complete loss to understand how disrespectful people can be! Pming angry message? To the band? Calling them assholes and fuckers? :icon_eek: It's beyond my understanding! >:D I would have never imagined that!
I can understand (only too well :( ) the frustration of those who can't see the show because they'll not play in their country! Last time they played in Italy was in 2006 (I'm still dreaming of that magic night! Without exaggeration, the best day of my life!), and all I could do during these past 9 years is follow the tour on Youtube (so you can only imagine how excited I am for the DVD :icon_biggrin: )! But I know it's not King's fault!
I'd just like to point out that in our camp, WE are the ones who read all fan comments, be it here, Facebook, private messages, etc. Not a management company employee who might or might not even know what you're about.
And let me tell you that it's a very special thing! This simple thing means so much! And I think I speak for everyone here when I say that you are the band who cares about his fans the most! And I can't but thank you 1000 times! \m/

Anyway, I'm getting the impression that King Diamond became more popular year after year! Shows are growing bigger than ever, and so the stage scenography! Don't know how someone who works in music business like a promoter could not be aware of this! Just take a look on the internet! Shouldn't be the first thing to do when you get a request by a band? :icon_confused:

Offline Nibiru

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #197 on: September 25, 2015, 06:02:10 pm »
I'm just glad that one of my favorite bands is still playing shows and putting out releases!
To change the subject a bit... On the last update video where King announced the 3rd New York gig he says they will be playing 3 Mercyful Fate songs on the other half of the setlist for this tour! I would imagine Evil and Come to the Sabbath will be 2 of them. But what do you guys think will be the 3rd song?! My first guess would be, Doomed by the Living Dead! Cause it's just such a classic and very recognizable song. Or maybe Curse of the Pharaohs cause it was on Guitar Hero Metallica. Also King mentioned he will play 2 older songs with intros that they haven't played in a long time. It's always cool to hear the older and more rare tracks in my opinion. I'm guessing, Spider's Lullabye, and Sarah's Night! Though I'd love to hear The Jonah, or The Portrait. No matter the setlist, it's going to be a killer show! What are your thoughts?!

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #198 on: September 25, 2015, 06:40:25 pm »
To change the subject a bit... On the last update video where King announced the 3rd New York gig he says they will be playing 3 Mercyful Fate songs on the other half of the setlist for this tour! I would imagine Evil and Come to the Sabbath will be 2 of them. But what do you guys think will be the 3rd song?! My first guess would be, Doomed by the Living Dead! Cause it's just such a classic and very recognizable song. Or maybe Curse of the Pharaohs cause it was on Guitar Hero Metallica.
Oh yeah, I totally forgot that! :icon_biggrin: I guess (and hope) it's The Oath! Vocally complicated and very evocative! A hell of song, in the true sense of the word! :D I hope for The Uninvited Guest too! I love the pumped guitars on that! \m/ Those would be my choice!
Also King mentioned he will play 2 older songs with intros that they haven't played in a long time. It's always cool to hear the older and more rare tracks in my opinion. I'm guessing, Spider's Lullabye, and Sarah's Night! Though I'd love to hear The Jonah, or The Portrait. No matter the setlist, it's going to be a killer show! What are your thoughts?!
As I said many times, I hope they'll play more newer songs! But if I have to choose some old stuff never played in a long time I also would go for The Portrait and The Jonah!

Offline DirtbikeDave917

• The Puppetmaster
« Reply #199 on: September 25, 2015, 09:40:43 pm »
Do I need to whip somebody's ass in Vancouver?