Author Topic: Is the "Abigail" tour a warm-up to record Abigail 3?  (Read 3445 times)

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
Is the "Abigail" tour a warm-up to record Abigail 3?
« on: August 05, 2015, 05:39:15 PM »
From a marketing angle, releasing a third "Abigail" album would make the largest splash for a KD comeback album.

Just a thought.

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
Re: Is the "Abigail" tour a warm-up to record Abigail 3?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 05:54:14 PM »
Lets hope not!
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 12:43:34 AM »
I don't think it could be possible! Jonathan's dead, the Mansion burned down, Abigail had her revenge! I can't see how the story could going on! Maybe with Little One searching for her mom and haunting someone else! But it would be a completely different story, but also and above all a tremendous stretching! King would never do that!
However, he already said that the new album will have a hospital scenario, inspired by his recent experiences! I bet it will be claustrphobic! I can't wait! :icon_twisted:

Offline Marzey

• Up From The Grave
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 04:05:44 AM »
Some bands in the past have played classic albums live and I think it was damn time till KD are doing that too. It must be great to hear Abigail completely.
I hope they are doing that in Europe/Germany as well. You guys in the US are so lucky to see KD on two tours in the last 12 months

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 05:32:08 AM »
Didn't he play it in its entirety in '87? It wasn't in order since other songs were thrown into the sequence, but I don't think he left a song out. Except Shrine, of course.

Abigail 3? Please no.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 07:24:25 AM »
We're talking horror here so it could always be a prequel. Abigail 3: The Beginning!

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 08:38:55 AM »
I hope its fucking not and I dont think he would ever do that.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:39:47 AM by Maiden Jersey »

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 04:36:14 PM »
Didn't he play it in its entirety in '87? It wasn't in order since other songs were thrown into the sequence, but I don't think he left a song out. Except Shrine, of course.

If I remember well he didn't! The Abigail tour set included Funeral, Arrival, The Family Ghost, The 7th Day Of July 1777, The Possession and Abigail, among other songs! As far as I know the only album played entirely was Fatal Portrait in its tour back in '86 (except Voices From The Past)!

We're talking horror here so it could always be a prequel. Abigail 3: The Beginning!

I didn't really think about it like that! Brillant!
The story of Count de LaFey and his cheating wife about how her affairs, one after one, made him crazy to the point of pushing her down the stairs! And then how he was obsessed by the idea of mummify the baby! I can figure all the psychological drama of that man and all the horrible things his despair brought him to do that cursed 7th day of july 1777!
Do you think it would be really so bad? :D

Offline megadev

• Unborn
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 07:55:25 PM »
As far as I know the only album played entirely was Fatal Portrait in its tour back in '86 (except Voices From The Past)!

My first KD show was on the Them tour and they played the whole thing.  They started the show with the first half of the album, then played some other stuff, including a Mercyful Fate medley, then closed it out with the second half of the album.

Offline Invisible Boy

• Haunted
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 02:10:28 AM »
My first KD show was on the Them tour and they played the whole thing.  They started the show with the first half of the album, then played some other stuff, including a Mercyful Fate medley, then closed it out with the second half of the album.

They played most of 'Them' on that tour, but not all of it. 

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2015, 06:16:45 AM »
If he does do Abigail 3 I hope Jonathan finally gets his revenge and is the victor for once instead of the victim
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline megadev

• Unborn
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2015, 11:59:25 AM »

They played most of 'Them' on that tour, but not all of it.

They may have skipped the "filler" tracks like Coming Home and Phone Call, but they played all the actual songs.

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 09:28:00 AM »
MFKDFAQ.COM is an awesome site to check out when you actually went to shows, opening acts, etc.  I checked out a few of the setlists and it looks like they pretty much played the entire album in Detroit and only missed "A Broken Spell":

Setlist:
Out From The Asylum
Welcome Home
The Invisible Guests
Tea
Mother's Getting Weaker
Come To The Sabbath
The Portrait
The Family Ghost
The 7th Day Of July 1777
Halloween
Guitar Solos
Drum Solo
Black Horsemen
Bye Bye Missy
The Accusation Chair
"Them"
Twilight Symphony
Coming Home
Mercyful Fate Medley: Satan's Fall / The Oath / A Dangerous Meeting / Evil

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 05:44:26 AM »
If I remember well he didn't! The Abigail tour set included Funeral, Arrival, The Family Ghost, The 7th Day Of July 1777, The Possession and Abigail, among other songs! As far as I know the only album played entirely was Fatal Portrait in its tour back in '86 (except Voices From The Past)!

They also played Black Horsemen.
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2015, 05:40:27 PM »
They did not play Black Horsemen at the shows in San Francisco.  I was bummed.  I read somewhere that it was not performed much because of the added logistics of having the acoustic guitars.