Author Topic: A real fan club  (Read 1166 times)

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
A real fan club
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:59:15 PM »
I don't know if this was already posted, but I always wondered why king has not a real fan club (like Iron Maiden, for example).
The forum is pretty awesome. I have been here for 7 or 8 years I guees, but I would love to participate of fan-club where we could pay fair amounts of money per month and have some benefits.

You know, and ID card, maybe discounts on official merch, pre-sales tickets, some contests where you can win meet & greet or signed stuff, some different t-shirts (as far as I know, the only CWW t-shirt was made by the members themselves, not anything to do with the band).

King always says that he is against ripping off fan's money, that he does not charge ofr meet & greets or for autographs, but I guess every fan would be very happy to be on an official fan club.
Or if King is against that too, you can do it like a "loyalty club"... Fans subscribe for one year, have the benefits, contests, etc and after 12 months you have your money back on credit to buy merch.
It's a win-win.
Fans have the benefits and on the end of the year, receive all the money back on merch.
King sells more merch, brings fans from far away closer to him (fans like me who may not see king live once may have the chance to have a signed picture on a contest, for example).

I don't know if it is a good or bad idea.
As always, I can see through my point of view.
Maybe on the band side it is something too hard to do that it's not worth.

I don't know..just a thought :)

Offline M. Sothoth

• Unborn
Re: A real fan club
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 12:12:45 PM »
I really liked the Coven Worldwide back then. I joined in its last days and i enjoyed those little fanzines 'n stuff. Still have them.
I like the idea of a fanclub with specials only for members, i just don't know if that would work these days. Renzo did a great job back then and i don't know if anyone would want to carry such a great burden... all that organising and logistics 'n stuff.
Cheerz
Azathoth - cosmic thrall
Cthulhu - Abysshex

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
Re: A real fan club
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 08:18:56 PM »
I really liked the Coven Worldwide back then. I joined in its last days and i enjoyed those little fanzines 'n stuff. Still have them.
I like the idea of a fanclub with specials only for members, i just don't know if that would work these days. Renzo did a great job back then and i don't know if anyone would want to carry such a great burden... all that organising and logistics 'n stuff.
Cheerz

I think you hit it right on the head with "taking on the burden" , it's tough to run a fanclub & keep a close eye on it without having to pay an outside person & or company  & that's hwne things start to go wrong .............but who knows , i like the idea for sure , we'd all love to meet King even if quick & get something autographed :)