Author Topic: KING DIAMOND SIGNS WORLDWIDE DEAL WITH METAL BLADE RECORDS  (Read 19303 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
Re: KING DIAMOND SIGNS WORLDWIDE DEAL WITH METAL BLADE RECORDS
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »
The band touring is probably making a shit ton more money doing that than making a new album. The way the music industry is these days, it seems making albums cost more than they are worth, or close to it. Maybe with all the long layoffs while dealing with Kings health, they are just trying to make some money to cat ch up a little bit and make up for it. I'm getting tired of waiting too, but I'm sure we'll get something soon....I hope!

Offline DevilEeeyes

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2016, 06:49:52 AM »
I think it was probably a bit of a mistake to announce the 3 album deal in 2012, because it's quite obvious that they weren't really ready to do anything new at the time.  It would have made more sense to announce it once a new album was nearly ready.  But, I suppose the benefit of hindsight is a great thing.

I would also say that, while I'm a massive King Diamond fan, I don't really mind if/when a new album comes along.  I've already got 12 great KD albums to listen to  :king:

Offline pinky6

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2016, 04:50:45 PM »
I should be grateful he is still around. I was lucky to discover him when I was 40 years old in 2011. So all of it was new to me. I purchased all of his vinyl so I went a little nutz and got to listen to a new album every couple months. Now I'm just wanting something new thats all.  I agree about announcing the deal when they did. Little bit too soon considering we still have nothing.

Offline zorrow

• Jonah
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 03:49:23 AM »
The band touring is probably making a shit ton more money doing that than making a new album. The way the music industry is these days, it seems making albums cost more than they are worth, or close to it.
^This, very probably.

Just to add to it, King Diamond is a well-established band with a high-quality discography. Touring exposes the band to new fans who would buy merchandise, including a fair amount of the existing albums. There's no real need for them to record new material. Well, an artist always wants to create, and a new album would in addition cause some hype and fuel future tours, but there's certainly no rush.

My side, to be frank, I'm way much more interested in the Abigail Live package than in a new album.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:50:11 AM by zorrow »