Author Topic: where did King get his ring?  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
where did King get his ring?
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:46:29 PM »
Anyone know where he got that ring that he wears right middle finger? Looks like its made of tigers eye or something, has a golden yellow devils face carved? I would love to find a ring like that, but no clue where to get one. Doesn't have to be exactly like his, just something like it.

EDIT: you can see it in this picture.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 02:52:01 PM by Satans KINGdom »

Offline Felicia

• Just A Shadow
Re: where did King get his ring?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 05:40:57 PM »
A satanic Harry Winston maybe... :diabo_do_msn:

Offline sarnath

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 08:47:53 PM »
It reminds me of the boss level "meet scarface" in the video game "smash tv"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nyBV45geJJw

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 11:32:42 PM »
I don't have time to write long, but that ring is a genuine Mexican witch doctor ring that was used in many rituals.
It seems to be carved of some sort of bone.
You will be hard pressed to find one like that, as far as I know it is unique.

There is a very cool story on how King got it, but I'm sorry I don't have time to type it out. Maybe you can find it in an interview somewhere. He has talked about it before. :)
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 01:00:05 AM »
I don't have time to write long, but that ring is a genuine Mexican witch doctor ring that was used in many rituals.
It seems to be carved of some sort of bone.
You will be hard pressed to find one like that, as far as I know it is unique.

There is a very cool story on how King got it, but I'm sorry I don't have time to type it out. Maybe you can find it in an interview somewhere. He has talked about it before. :)
I was afraid of that. Its such a cool ring, I'd love to find one.  Even cooler with the background story. Wish you had time to tell the tale, but I guess your busy kicking ass on the Abigail tour, so that's allowed. :) thanks for the response though, you're the best!

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:58:45 PM »
Very interesting, thanks for answering! :)
I think I'm checking out for more! :slookl:

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 03:55:05 PM »
Ok, it seems there is not so much to find out! Just this:

"We played downtown San Antonio and there was Ed, one of my best friends over here who was a police officer at that time, a five time Vietnam veteran and he was helping the promoter at the time in San Antonio with the show there and we got some days off and there was a very big radio personality you might know, Joe Anthony, who’s not with us anymore in San Antonio, he did a lot for Rush and Judas Priest, and us too. He was really having his finger on the pulse with metal back then.
So he worked with that guy. He made us the ring I wear onstage, it’s something that I was given by Joe Anthony, which is a genuine old Mexican witch doctor ring."

http://loudwire.com/king-diamond-health-issues-touring-new-album-plans/

And by the way, I found another curious thing about that new "three rings" necklace King wear sometime since his surgery!

"We tried to get some power from our late cat, Magic. She led the path for us. We had necklaces made from the experiences with three rings that were custom made by my jeweler."

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/02/04/a-metalsucks-exclusive-return-from-the-graveyard-king-diamond-on-his-near-death-and-new-life/

Always wondered what kind of symbol could it be! :)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 03:57:31 PM by Blackest »

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 05:50:52 PM »
King said the three rings represent he, Livia and magic as eternal soulmates.
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 10:14:12 PM »
Blackest: Yes, Joe Anthony did give the ring to King, but it was not as simple as that.
The first time Joe mentioned giving the ring to King, he opened the drawer where he always kept it to give it to him and it was not there. Joe looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

Next time the band traveled that way some years later, Joe said it was time for him to get the ring. He said before they met again, he looked in the exact same drawer and the ring was there, just like it should have been the first time. He thought okay, first time was not the right time, but now it was.

(Excuse my lack of gripping storytelling ability right now, I haven't gotten proper sleep in about 3 days)

Edit: as for the 3 rings, King and I both have the same necklace, it is made in a very special way. It does represend the two of us and our cat Magic. The entire story behind it is very personal and will not be shared.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:16:14 PM by Livia Zita »
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 03:34:07 AM »
Livia, don't worry, we understand perfectly! Indeed it is very kind of you to share with us some background stories! :)
As for the necklace, I thought it was a kind of hospital symbol having to do with heart issues! A kind of "I did it" symbol or something like that! Now I know I was wrong! :gah:

P.S.: Last night I dreamt that I was at a King Diamond show! Hope it will became true soon! :(