Author Topic: Studio talk, come on people?  (Read 2892 times)

Offline pinky6

• Ghost of Change
Studio talk, come on people?
« on: March 10, 2016, 07:46:54 PM »
Been waiting since 2011 when I discovered King diamond and Mercyful fate. Would like an update of how the writing, recording anything on new album is coming! What is the expected goal, time frame of the release date on possible Album. :icon_question:

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
Re: Studio talk, come on people?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 05:43:17 AM »
King: "The album is recorded when it is recorded."

Offline Zerosnepil

• Unborn
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 02:16:12 AM »
I was fascinated and wanted to talk to each other in this. It would be nice if my friends. Advises me.

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:21:17 AM »
I think he is doing it right now
BAMT

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 06:38:51 AM »
He signed a 3 albums deal with Metal-Blade almost 4 years ago. That announcement had a whole bunch of talk about they would record it in 2013. That didn't happen. They got more tour offers. Then it was all about building a home studio and how much freedom they would have in recording. That excitement vanished when the Abigail tour arrived. The only announcement since the end of the summer Abigail dates so far has been a Halloween merch sale. There was a rumor music was recorded a few years ago but the whole thing got deleted because "it wasn't good enough" also known as "The Bolt Thrower excuse".

I have 2 theories:

King is in crazy medical bill debt and recording a new album is not financially feasible since touring classics makes money NOW.

OR

There's just no good ideas.

I'd highly doubt Metal-Blade advised King to 'not release new music yet' as some sort of strategy. The home studio is surely finished by now and based on their last album, King & Andy don't even have to be in the same country to collaborate. King's last statement of "The album will be done when it's done" seemed really defensive which was odd because immediately after his health crisis, he talked about being excited about these crazy ideas he had for new music 5 years ago. I think some unforseen circumstances have delayed any progress here. 2017 will be 10 years since GMYSP...as good as a time as ever.

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 08:08:53 AM »
I have the feeling there's no money to record a new album, they have to milk the Abigail cow.

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 06:31:17 PM »
Am I the only one being patient due to the fact of what this man has recorded in his career?
Well, let me give you a picture. Full-recordings only:

MELISSA
DON'T BREAK THE OATH
FATAL PORTRAIT
ABIGAIL
THEM
CONSPIRACY
THE EYE
IN THE SHADOWS
THE SPIDERS LULLABYE
TIME
THE GRAVEYARD
INTO THE UNKNOWN
VOODOO
HOUSE OF GOD
DEAD AGAIN
ABIGAIL II
THE PUPPPET MASTER
GIVE ME YOUR SOUL... PLEASE

Quit your fucking whining. If it wasn't for the tremendous endurance of King Diamond during his operation and recovery, the band itself would never even be alive! I'm astonished that people would even question King and band. You establish your thoughts on baseless gibberish, get a grip.

I have the feeling there's no money to record a new album, they have to milk the Abigail cow.

Milk?? Have some respect!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 06:59:09 PM by TheUnborn »

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 12:13:50 AM »
Hnnng.

Please keep in mind that *the band has no management company*. Nearly everything is done by Diamond Entertainment, or King, Ole Bang, and Andy. They all work behind the scenes non-stop.
Hah, if only the ONLY job they had to do was to play, record, and enjoy creating music!!!

For example... This means it's these 3 guys who work with our booking agents to set up entire tours.
We have done 3 tours within a single year. This requires immense and very long planning and work periods. Setting up a tour is no joke.
Next to this, we are also the ones designing and/or approving every single merch design, every single ad and commercial you see. Also, the planning, recording, going through, approving, working on, etc. of the DVD.
And there are so many more things moving in the background that no one sees but creates tons of work every day.

So there is a reason we ask fans to have patience. We are working our asses off non-stop.

Yes, there will be a new album, no, there was not an entire new album deleted because it was not good enough, and yes, the guys are really ready and psyched about working on new material (and yes, Metal Blade is super psyched as well, they are not asking to hold back anything!)!

Doing so many things at once, stuff takes time.

It will be written, it will be recorded, it will be mixed, mastered, and released. It will be done.

And it will be AWESOME.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 06:05:16 PM by Livia Zita »
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline paulcoz

• Mandrake
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 05:23:33 AM »
Thanks Livia.

I thought it would be obvious that the recent touring & DVD production have delayed any new album.

As someone who can't easily see the Abigail & other shows live, I've been waiting patiently for the band to finish touring for what seems like ages! :P I hope that playing the 'old' classic songs live will invigorate the band in the studio.

So, please take your time, don't rush. Take inspiration from the progressive songs & production on Abigail, "Them" & Conspiracy. What I call the 'unholy trinity'.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:21:07 AM by paulcoz »
Paulcoz.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 11:33:27 AM »
Am I the only one being patient due to the fact of what this man has recorded in his career?
Well, let me give you a picture. Full-recordings only:

MELISSA
DON'T BREAK THE OATH
FATAL PORTRAIT
ABIGAIL
THEM
CONSPIRACY
THE EYE
IN THE SHADOWS
THE SPIDERS LULLABYE
TIME
THE GRAVEYARD
INTO THE UNKNOWN
VOODOO
HOUSE OF GOD
DEAD AGAIN
ABIGAIL II
THE PUPPPET MASTER
GIVE ME YOUR SOUL... PLEASE

Quit your fucking whining. If it wasn't for the tremendous endurance of King Diamond during his operation and recovery, the band itself would never even be alive! I'm astonished that people would even question King and band. You establish your thoughts on baseless gibberish, get a grip.

Milk?? Have some respect!

^^^what he said!

Thanks for the update Livia. Some of us understand completely, and appreciate all the work you guys have done recently. My only gripe is you didn't come anywhere near Seattle for the Abigail tour.  :icon_sad: looking forward to whatever is next for the KD camp.  :king:

Offline pinky6

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 08:59:55 PM »
 :blush: Thanks Livia and I feel privealaged you specifically responded to my post. I have never been more excited about a new album than this upcoming one so please take no offense with me and my comments. I wish you, King and the band the best of luck with all your ventures and have a happy holiday season. :icon_smile:

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 07:51:19 AM »
Well, that's why I joined this forum. News directly from the source.

Offline Davidk

• Mandrake
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 04:37:56 PM »
 Can't wait for the Dvd/blu-ray live show  :king: