Author Topic: Abigail tour 2016  (Read 5562 times)

Offline rockapiedra

• Haunted
  • ready to take on this world!
Abigail tour 2016
« on: May 10, 2016, 03:43:07 AM »
Hello guys,

It's been like 5 years away from this forum, so if this topic has already been mentioned before just let me know.

So, I'm finaly gonna see King Diamond In London in june and, as we all know, the performed album will be abigail. So my question is; Are we going to hear songs from other albums as well? or is it purely based in the Abigail album?

I'm asking because the show might be very short since the album's length is only 45 minutes approx. I hope that songs from "conspiracy" or "them" are included in the upcoming shows.

Kind regards ;)
This is heaven and hell!!!!

Offline bolivarmaxi

• "Amon" Belongs To You
Re: Abigail tour 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 07:03:03 AM »
In USA Tour they play the second half of the show the abigail album, and the first half of the show they play kd and mf clasics
BAMT

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 05:06:31 PM »
Yup. What bolivarmaxi said. First half is greatest hits, and then all of "Abigail".  :)

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 12:24:36 PM »
Yes, same set list as the USA Abigail Tour had last fall. :)
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline DevilEeeyes

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 01:17:24 PM »
Surely King can't play in England without playing "Tea"?

Offline rockapiedra

• Haunted
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 02:33:42 PM »
Oh my!!!! Can't wait! I checked the USA Abigal tour and there's Mercyful Fate stuff as well.

Does anyone know if there's greet and meet in London? If so, How could I get that?

Thanks for your replies ;)

Offline DevilEeeyes

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 02:39:35 PM »
Does anyone know if there's greet and meet in London? If so, How could I get that?

I would dearly love this as well, it would be fantastic to get a chance to meet the band.  Any possibility Livia?

Offline LucasRomao

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 03:07:14 PM »
Oh my!!!! Can't wait! I checked the USA Abigal tour and there's Mercyful Fate stuff as well.

Thanks for your replies ;)

I didn't heard about a M&G, but there is a competition - promoted by Metal Hammer Magazine - where you can apply and "Win A King Diamond Guitar", and if you win you can meet the band before the show.   :cool:
Check out this link: http://teamrock.com/competitions/king-diamond-win?publishedAt=2016-04-22

Offline rockapiedra

• Haunted
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 03:10:56 PM »
I didn't heard about a M&G, but there is a competition - promoted by Metal Hammer Magazine - where you can apply and "Win A King Diamond Guitar", and if you win you can meet the band before the show.   :cool:
Check out this link: http://teamrock.com/competitions/king-diamond-win?publishedAt=2016-04-22

Thanks mate! I'll check that out  :gah:

Offline sithslayer

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 03:49:46 PM »
I agree they should play tea overseas but what song would you choose to cut and replace thats a pretty difficult decision.

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2016, 05:50:50 AM »
I agree they should play tea overseas but what song would you choose to cut and replace thats a pretty difficult decision.

Well, they did do the medley in 2014 which included Tea / Digging Graves / A Visit from the Dead.
If I'd want to cut out a song from the set, it would have to be Shapes Of Black. I know it's theatrical and also a 'pause/relaxing' song for King to do, but there are so many other good songs from that album that surpasses Shapes Of Black which would be great live.

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2016, 03:11:30 AM »
I do not care what songs King Diamond plays, as long as i get to see and hear it.
Even if it was a full reggea set!  \m/ \m/

But that will not be the case. Love the whole Abigail idea though. Can't wait. Exactly one week to go.  \m/ \m/
nah

Offline devilsavocado

• The Preacher
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2016, 03:29:46 AM »

That sure would be interesting, though...!!!  :D :gah: :king:

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 12:55:14 PM »
I do not care what songs King Diamond plays, as long as i get to see and hear it.

But that will not be the case. Love the whole Abigail idea though. Can't wait. Exactly one week to go.  \m/ \m/

Sweden Rock Fest?

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 01:08:55 PM »

Sweden Rock Fest?

No. Fortarock. Tomorrow.
Meeting up with Alexinerator and seeing the King!   \m/ \m/ \m/
nah

Offline Alexcinerator

• Banshee
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2016, 05:31:52 PM »
It was good to see you again bub. A great day full of metal and tattoos hahaha.

King Diamond was amazing. The sound the setlist all were great. Bub and I were up front having a blast.

thank you King and the rest of the band. For me this is the best show I have seen this year hard to top that.

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2016, 09:01:07 AM »
It was good to see you again bub. A great day full of metal and tattoos hahaha.

Hehee. yeah, it was a brilliant day. It was great seeing you again.  \m/
Sunny weather, cool beer, some nice bands and seeing King Diamond perform the best gig i wil see this year.
Amazing sound, great show and a band giving their best.
Thank you King, Livia, Andy, Mike, Matt and last but not least, Pontus.  :king:
This was the first time i saw him playing on bass for King Diamond and he did a wonderfull job.  \m/

Here are some pics from last night.
More pictures i had posted here, but i think these are the best.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/397000417065247?view=permalink&id=960247760740507

nah

Offline rockapiedra

• Haunted
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2016, 05:07:41 PM »
Hehee. yeah, it was a brilliant day. It was great seeing you again.  \m/
Sunny weather, cool beer, some nice bands and seeing King Diamond perform the best gig i wil see this year.
Amazing sound, great show and a band giving their best.
Thank you King, Livia, Andy, Mike, Matt and last but not least, Pontus.  :king:
This was the first time i saw him playing on bass for King Diamond and he did a wonderfull job.  \m/

Here are some pics from last night.
More pictures i had posted here, but i think these are the best.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/397000417065247?view=permalink&id=960247760740507

Wow! Those pictures are awesome. And thanks for the setlist. The eye of the witch? amazing. Cant wait for the show in London. I guess there will be lots of guys from this forum. Would love to meet some of you guys.

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2016, 10:37:20 AM »
The eye of the witch? amazing. Cant wait for the show in London.

Enjoy the concert. If it is half as good as it was at Fortarock, it will still be brilliant.  \m/
nah

Offline Dirk

• Ghost of Change
  • Could it really be I'm in the afterlife?
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 11:13:42 AM »

:king:

Fortarock was a great Festival. And K.I.N.G the BEST BAND of it.

Period.

The Crowd, Show, Sound, Band : everything nearly PERFECT.
 Really.

I am so excited to see you at COPENHELL this month again.

Melissa again. And Abigail again. Oh, man.... wooOw.

Hope to see Michael Denner, too. On stage or in his shop.

First time Denmark. ONLY because I,m a Fan of King Diamond.

I think

Copenhell could  be the best Festival  in my life !!! Sabbath and KING !!!  :king:

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 04:28:13 AM »
Those who have seen us at FortaRock and are coming to another show as well, you'll be in for a world of a difference.
Unfortunately it was not fully dark when we played at FortaRock, nor could we have the backdrops raised to their full height (7 meters), and we could not fit the side drops either.

All those things add up, and when everything fits as intended, the show is truly a beast :)
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline rockapiedra

• Haunted
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2016, 06:05:23 AM »
Those who have seen us at FortaRock and are coming to another show as well, you'll be in for a world of a difference.
Unfortunately it was not fully dark when we played at FortaRock, nor could we have the backdrops raised to their full height (7 meters), and we could not fit the side drops either.

All those things add up, and when everything fits as intended, the show is truly a beast :)

Hi Livia, I know the show will be amazing no matter what. I created this post to actually prepare my wife for King Diamond's show given that she is not a fan and does not know the songs or anything (she has seen videos and pictures though), but she gave me this ticket as a wedding present because she knows how much I love THE KING! So she is travelling with me all the way from Glasgow, Scotland to London. One of the reasons I accepted to come and settle in Europe was to witness King Diamond live! I have been a fan since I was 18 (now 28) and moved from Chile to live and work, but I insist, also for King Diamond.

Wish you the best Livia, and I'm sure you will all put on a great show.
Kind regards from a King Diamond's Crazy Chilean Fan :blush:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:06:25 AM by rockapiedra »

Offline Alexcinerator

• Banshee
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2016, 12:13:20 PM »

I had a feeling the stage was a bit smaller. The stage was also a bit more forward. A bit annoying for the band having less room but awesome for the fans.

I should go to graspop to witness the full show.

Offline KISSWacks

• Possessed
  • MF/KD F.A.Q.
    • The MF/KD F.A.Q.
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2016, 05:06:23 AM »
I saw the show at Sweden Rock Festival and it was amazing. King sounded excellent; don't think I have ever heard him that good. The sound, light and stage were perfect.  The setlist was great; I really loved Melissa, great version. The only thing that was bad was that the set was to short, would have loved about 10 more songs´. :icon_biggrin: (This is the downside with festival shows: time)

I also ran into Matt and Pontus, it was great talking to them, great guys.

If you get the chance, go see a show on this tour, you won’t be disappointed. 

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 05:45:44 AM »
Yes, the Sweden Rock-gig was absolutely amazing!
I have seen KD six times now, and I'm quite sure this was the best concert I have seen with King Diamond. They just sound so brilliant, everyone is on fire! I'm still in awe, and my neck and arms are still sore!  :icon_smile:

THANK YOU!