Author Topic: What would it cost for a private King Diamond concert?  (Read 2070 times)

Offline vitalsign0

• Up From The Grave
What would it cost for a private King Diamond concert?
« on: June 14, 2016, 11:27:00 AM »
Serious question. I have money and access to a local theatre. Would King Diamond do a one off show in Florida? (I get to pick the setlist :) ). Who would I contact to find out prices/logistics?

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
Re: What would it cost for a private King Diamond concert?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 05:48:12 AM »
(I get to pick the setlist :) ).

Let us know how that part works out.

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 06:50:45 AM »
You pay enough money and you will pick the setlist.  I do networking for large corporate events and recently got to see Metallica play for about 1500 salespeople in a small pier building.  Metallica changed lyrics to a song to reference the client.  Besides that, they actually played better than any of their regular shows on tour.

If you pay what the bands want, you'll get them to play whatever.

Offline U-94

• Up From The Grave
  • "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 06:12:09 AM »
I'd imagine if you wanted a stripped down show, custom setlist and all travel expenses covered - you'd be in the neighborhood of 50 grand. I'd suggest starting a BS charity organization and writing off the show as an expense. If you had enough wealthy friends who liked King Diamond to all donate...it wouldn't be THAT unfeasible. Bands like Metallica and Aerosmith made serious cash doing the private party circuit.

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 06:13:31 PM »
I would not know personally but would have to say it would be pretty damn cool.

Stay heavy \m/
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline Stubs

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »
You pay enough money and you will pick the setlist.  I do networking for large corporate events and recently got to see Metallica play for about 1500 salespeople in a small pier building.  Metallica changed lyrics to a song to reference the client.  Besides that, they actually played better than any of their regular shows on tour.

If you pay what the bands want, you'll get them to play whatever.

I'm sure everyone has their price... However, a custom KD set would almost certainly require rehearsals of songs the band hasn't played in years (if at all, together as a group). Unlike Metallica, who make a point of having an "anytime" repertoire of their full catalog, KD tends to focus on a core set, since the band has to gather from around the globe to rehearse prior to a tour (and the crew has to work out all of the set changes, since the theatrical experience of a KD live show demands a lot of coordination in the background). Asking King and company to do all this for a one-off show... All I can really say is that I hope you brought your wallet to that meeting. The financial pre-show guarantee would have to be off the chart to make it reasonable for that much preparation. Metallica could obviously afford to take a loss in stride, but I'm not so certain that King's booking agent(s) would be willing to take a similar risk.

That said, I wish you luck with that. If it comes off, I'm sure that most, if not all, of the people on this forum would be thrilled to hear about it.

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 01:09:10 PM »
If you've got the funds to back this up, all you have to do is to ask King Diamonds management. Maybe you won't get exactly what you're asking for, but there is no harm in trying.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 01:09:32 PM by TheUnborn »