Author Topic: King Diamond – The Complete Roadrunner Collection 1986-1990 (The Lake?)  (Read 1783 times)

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
Just a small issue concerning the box of the 5 first KD albums from Roadrunner that was released in 2014.
Why on earth did they not include The Lake on the Fatal Portrait CD? It's a bonus track, I know, but still. I'd think Roadrunner had the rights for that song as well.

Seems strange.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:41:37 AM by TheUnborn »

Online Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
Because Roadrunner records suck these days.
They do not care about their reissues. 
All they care about is money.

Often wrong pictures, bad looking artwork (vinyl reissues) or in this case, leaving a song of the cd.
nah

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
If i am not mistake King and the band wrote The lake sometime during 1986-87  while working on Abigail .  The reason i believe it did not appear on the album was that it simply did not fit the concept.   However i do know it was released on a 4 track album entitled The dark sides.

Which went on to include Halloween The Shrine The Lake great song by the way and No presents for Christmas ..

Stay Heavy  \m/
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Online Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
If i am not mistake King and the band wrote The lake sometime during 1986-87  while working on Abigail . 

It was a left over track from the Fatal Portrait sessions and also on the B-side from the Halloween picture disc.
Side A: Halloween
Side B: The Candle and The Lake.

A great item to have.   :diabo_do_msn:

nah

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
I see thank you for the correction.

Stay heavy !
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
It was a left over track from the Fatal Portrait sessions and also on the B-side from the Halloween picture disc.
Side A: Halloween
Side B: The Candle and The Lake.

A great item to have.   :diabo_do_msn:

Yup! One of my first and still one of my favorite picture discs. I still have mine from all those years ago when it was first released.  :king:

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
Excellent i remember hearing the lake for the first time on a cassette tape 4 tracks entitled the Dark sides which i obtained from Vintage vinyl in New jersey if i remember correct that was the place to go for all the best metal and it was probably around late 86 early 87 i bought that cassette probably the reason i thought the tracks were from the Abigail recordings.

Stay Heavy !

Offline Cornloaf

• Lady In Black
They released that EP between Them and Conspiracy in 1988.  I remember my friend bought it for me on his lunch break  from high school and brought it to me in my woodshop class.  I was so excited.

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
Yes that is correct you will have to forgive me it has been a very long time i dug the Darksides Ep out of my cassette box and it is in fact dated 1988.   It is strange i could have swore i listened to it during 1987 but the cassette and looking at the official release date have confirmed 1988 to be correct date 11/01/88 was the official release date.

Stay heavy  \m/