Author Topic: Mercyful Fate - Vinyl re-release: Into The Unknown / Time.  (Read 1715 times)

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
 :king:
There will be re-releases by Metal Blade, a record company who knows how to do re-releases, which is great news.

I send a chat message to Metal Blade about this, since Jean le Noir mentioned re-releases here: http://www.kingdiamondcoven.com/CWWforum/index.php?topic=81.100

Apparently the re-releases are Europe only, but @ https://www.amazon.com/Time-Mercyful-Fate/dp/B01HRDH1KE/ref=sr_1_1_twi_lp__3?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1468420088&sr=1-1&keywords=mercyful+fate+time  there seems a pre-order for a US release?
So, that's a bit puzzling. The amazon link might be giving wrong info though.
If one should know, it would be Metal Blade themselfes.

There will more releases in october. Possibly, Into The Unkown (very rare at the moment) and Dead Again or 9.

Metal Blade to re-issue MERCYFUL FATE albums ‘In The Shadows’ and ‘Time’ as part of their Originals-series!

Metal Blade is happy to announce re-issues of the MERCYFUL FATE albums ‘In The Shadows’ and ‘Time on the 26th of August’!

‘In The Shadows’ will be released on 180 g black vinyl as well as on purple blue marbled vinyl (ltd. 300) and old oak marbled vinyl (ltd. 200). ‘Time’ will be released on 180 g black vinyl as well as on bone colored vinyl (ltd. 300) and bronze marbled vinyl (ltd. 200).

The vinyls are part of the Metal Blade Originals series that started earlier this year with the re-issues of the SLAYER titles ‚Show No Mercy‘, ‚Hell Awaits‘, ‚Haunting The Chapel‘ and ‚Live Undead‘!

The MERCYFUL FATE vinyls will be released with 400g heavy cardboard spine sleeves (inside out print), 60x60cm two-sided artwork posters and 250g inserts.

Pre-order your copies now at EMP (http://www.emp.de/musik/medien/vinyl/…\&wt_mc=pt.pp.custom.25#Q334C5.lnX5) or our ebay-store (http://shuu.de/ufD)!

\m/ \m/ \m/
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:13:18 AM by Bub »
nah

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
Re: Mercyful Fate - Vinyl re-release: Into The Unknown / Time.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 11:40:01 AM »
I don't collect vinyl but that In the Shadows looks awesome! \m/

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 01:32:49 PM »
Yeah, i like the oak color look.   \m/

I normally go for black vinyl when possible, but since this one is really looking cool, i might go for the old oak one  \m/
nah

Offline redruM

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 05:53:06 AM »
Both will be limited editions? (NOTVD) editions are impossible to find... :icon_sad:

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 04:06:54 AM »
Both will be limited editions? (NOTVD) editions are impossible to find... :icon_sad:

As mentioned above, yes:
In The Shadows will be released on 180 g black vinyl as well as on purple blue marbled vinyl (ltd. 300) and old oak marbled vinyl (ltd. 200). Time will be released on 180 g black vinyl as well as on bone colored vinyl (ltd. 300) and bronze marbled vinyl (ltd. 200).

Just pre-ordered the bone colored Time and the old oak marbled In the Shadows.

The Into The Unknown and Time  Night Of The Vinyl Dead releases are indeed very rare. I have both in my collection.   :diabo_do_msn:
Metal Blade will release more Mercyul Fate vinyl in october. I think (not confirmed) Into The Unkown will be one of those titles.

nah

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »
Nice!  Glad I never ended up getting in the shadows when back on black did it because this one will be much better I'm sure.

Offline Jean le Noir

• Lady In Black
  • Heavy Metal (Is The Law)
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 03:29:19 PM »
It will be much better but I have BoB reissue and I am fine with that. This color was also used for Slayer Hell Awaits reissue.
There's a little old man...standing by my window

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2016, 01:15:28 PM »
Even if I got previous editions of these records on lp, this is certainly excellent news. Stocking these for sure!