Author Topic: The Puppet Master  (Read 1062 times)

Offline balor

• Spirit
The Puppet Master
« on: November 10, 2016, 03:14:08 PM »
Since its release conspiracy was my penultimate KD album, coupled with Them it was a pairing made in heaven (or hell) but I've been swayed by the might of the Puppet Master. From start to end it's flawless, the storyline, the musicianship, the production the songs.

there I've got it off my chest!

Lol

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
Re: The Puppet Master
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:18:03 PM »
I agree. If I had to pick my all time favorite album from King not including any of the Mercyful Fate albums I might have too pick The Puppet Master. That one or Abigail. 

It is hard to pick a favorite album by King as they all have a special feel for me in a different way. But there is so much about the Puppet Master album that is extra special
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 07:21:13 PM by SatanKing »
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 09:42:02 PM »
good, solid album. i wouldn't put it up there with Conspiracy or Them, but definitely a good album.

Offline Choptop81

• Unborn
  • Music is my life!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 06:55:06 AM »
Personally I haven't been able to really get into a KD album since voodoo. Bought every album since then the first day it came out, and disappointed every time. Sure they are decent albums but nothing compared to the band's early work. I blame them not getting together in the studio like they used to, and holding back on drums and bass IMO. One can still dream the next album will be great again. "Make King Diamond Great Again" that's a real slogan!

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 12:51:29 PM »
A very good work the Puppet Master perhaps one of Kings finest as a conceptual piece and just a killer album musically as well songs like The ritual and Magic really drove it home for me.  Touching on the subject of love was awesome i was expecting something horribly depressing and sad it was sad in the end  but also beautiful how King described the feelings for Victoria.

Stay Heavy  \m/
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline balor

• Spirit
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 03:55:41 PM »
Exactly my thoughts, darkness and so sad are two that just floor me with each listen.
Would you have ever taken King for an old blood soaked romantic.

Lol
A very good work the Puppet Master perhaps one of Kings finest as a conceptual piece and just a killer album musically as well songs like The ritual and Magic really drove it home for me.  Touching on the subject of love was awesome i was expecting something horribly depressing and sad it was sad in the end  but also beautiful how King described the feelings for Victoria.

Stay Heavy  \m/

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 07:15:37 PM »
It is hard to pick a favorite album by King as they all have a special feel for me in a different way.

This, absolutely.
It's what makes it impossible for me to pick a favourite, to be honest.