Author Topic: Burning The Cross, the song - B. Petersen.  (Read 1453 times)

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
Burning The Cross, the song - B. Petersen.
« on: December 08, 2016, 07:54:03 PM »
"Burning The Cross", without a doubt my favorite track from the demo days of Mercyful Fate was written by one B. Petersen.
What ever happened to him after he left Mercyful Fate? Did he join another band? He is a complete mystery. With a song such as Burning The Cross on his conscience, it would be interesting to know where he took off.

Terrible shame that this song never made it unto Nuns Have No Fun or Melissa, it's so epic!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:55:00 PM by TheUnborn »

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
Re: Burning The Cross, the song - B. Petersen.
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 08:23:55 PM »
found this:
http://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Benny_Petersen/9837

Haha, what the hell? I've got one of the Jackal-albums in my collection, actually.
Mystery solved! Thank you!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 08:28:43 PM by TheUnborn »

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 02:40:45 AM »
I do recall the name i think he was also credited for playing guitar and drums. on if I am not mistaken burning the cross possibly a  few other early works i had on a compilation.   I Believe but please do not quote me on this during an interview King said his brother played drums on several tracks and one Ep i had said the drummer was KBP.  I assumed back then King himself had played on  certain tracks  Kim Bendix Peterson is what i believe KBP stood for.

But no im not certain whom Benny Peterson actually was and where he went.

Stay heavy  \m/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 02:42:50 AM by Shadowswhisper »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 06:01:57 PM »
Would help if i payed attention Lol sorry the metal archives link must have over looked it.

\m/ stay heavy
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline TwilightSymphony

• Unborn
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 01:25:30 AM »
Hey! Been a long time since i posted in here, so much so that i had to register again!!

Benny is a very close friend of mine, and he is doing really well. He has a studio at home and still writes and records. Actually has recorded a couple of things with Kim Ruzz, which you may all get to hear at some point soon. Kim Ruzz is doing really well too.

Benny wrote Burning the Cross under a different title, actually a few years prior to joining Mercyful Fate. What you hear is exactly what Benny wrote, apart from a little addition from Hank. King changed the lyrics and the title of the song, but everything else is all Benny. He still has the original lyric sheet, prior to the change. There should also be a recording on one of his demo tapes of the song in its original form.

Yes, he wrote and recorded 3 albums with Jackal. Check them out on Youtube, as they are amazing albums and musicians. Unfortunately, Brian (the vocalist) passed away a few years ago.

Stay heavy guys!

Offline Follow the wolf

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 03:20:28 AM »
That´s some really cool info, thanks !!

Doomsday infections, in their heads, and in their minds.

Offline fatekingfate

• Salem
    • Bloody Face (official band website)
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 05:36:45 AM »
I love that song! To me it is pure and true black metal and started the whole thing!  \m/ :king:

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 11:41:40 PM »
Yes indeed, fatekingfate, it's one of the very first black metal-songs ever recorded. Fantastic!

Thanks a lot for the info, TwilightSymphony. Appreciated!!