Author Topic: Why did King make Dallas his residence?  (Read 24732 times)

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
Re: Why did King make Dallas his residence?
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 04:15:14 pm »
I love it here :)
Although when it's over a 100 degrees outside, I will stay in :P

Don't really miss the cold, but I do miss the very wintery look of feet of snow covering everything, icicles, etc.
I love the coziness of watching huge snow fall outside and everything being white, but I don't miss the practical parts like sliding all over the place, having to bundle up when you go outside, warming the keyhole on your car with a lighter so you can get in.... haha :)

Also, Texans are horrible at driving in snow :) Even if it snows here, I won't go out driving.

The weather changes here so much, we have a saying: "If you don't like the current weather in Texas, stay a few more days!"
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 09:15:02 pm »
Only thing wrong with Texas is its filled with Texans! Lol j/k

I actually like it there. I don't like driving through it though, that is one very long and boring drive coming from phoenix to texarkana. When my wife first moved to phoenix she was always amazed at the mountains we had. We're talking one fairlt medium sized mountain and some hills located in the phoenix area. I never understood her amazement till I drove through Texas. Never knew the earth could really be that flat and desolate. 

Funny how you say that about the weather. In Seattle (where I currently live) we have a similar saying, except ours is wait an hour not a few days lol

EDIT: how do you and king not end up talking with that southern twang after living there so long? I spend a week around my wife's family and I start twangin away like they do lol
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 09:17:07 pm by Satans KINGdom »

Offline Chagosomar

• Angel Of Light
  • "Moonchild!!! Hear the mandrake scream!"
    • Deadly Fujow. A dark ambient project
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2013, 09:31:56 pm »

Funny how you say that about the weather. In Seattle (where I currently live) we have a similar saying, except ours is wait an hour not a few days lol

dude i keep forgetting you live in seattle! me and ethangerman live in bellingham! we must get together some time.

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2013, 10:26:19 pm »
dude i keep forgetting you live in seattle! me and ethangerman live in bellingham! we must get together some time.
I'm old and boring, but would be cool to meet. You guys going to testement and LOG in November? If so we should meet somewhere before ut starts to at least say hey.

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2013, 08:02:36 am »
Also, Texans are horrible at driving in snow :) Even if it snows here, I won't go out driving.
you've sure got that right.....I won't even go  NEAR the streets when it snows. it would be funny if it wasn't so potentially deadly.
I'm old and boring, but would be cool to meet.
hey, I'm old & boring and I got on with Chago quite well. sorry to see him leave Austin.....I'm sure you guys would get along famously.
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 07:30:42 pm »

EDIT: how do you and king not end up talking with that southern twang after living there so long? I spend a week around my wife's family and I start twangin away like they do lol

I don't know :) I suppose it'd be difficult to make my Hungarian accent work with the southern twang :D Also, I rather not say "y'all" :) It's confusing :)
I'd imagine it's the same thing for King.
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 08:26:00 pm »
I don't know :) I suppose it'd be difficult to make my Hungarian accent work with the southern twang :D Also, I rather not say "y'all" :) It's confusing :)

Lol that would make for an interesting mix of accent.  :diabo_do_msn:

Offline Azalin

• The King Of Diamonds
  • Blood For Master
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 07:10:17 am »
I never say 'y'all' either. growing up in New York, we always said 'you guys' instead.

the funny one is when someone says 'all'yall'  :P
Lady, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store....

- Ash, housewares

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2013, 07:32:20 am »

I believe this applies to all those south of interstate 80, at least the ones who aren't originally from north of that dividing line. :icon_wink:
In their defense though our southernmost residents don't have the luxury of abundant snow removal equipment, so I'll cut them some slack. However, that is no excuse for not being able to navigate through an inch or two of fluffy snow on foot!  :gah:

Thanks for the reminder of the upcoming winter "headaches" Livia. I recall having to get into my vehicle through the trunk as all the doors were completely iced shut a couple years ago. I can totally understand not missing that, and it's the one main reason I'd love to leave Chicago. The biggest problem is that all the other places that are feasible for us are just as cold in the winter.  ::)

The Dallas area is pretty nice, though I haven't been there in a few years. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to go back, especially in the fall/winter months. I found that a lot of the people there were transplants and it makes for a real interesting mix of people (and a variety of restaurants to choose from as well).

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2013, 10:12:39 am »
Camarochick: I am the opposite.  I hate our endless Chicago summers and I cannot wait for fall and winter to finally arrive!
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 04:17:12 pm »
Camarochick: I am the opposite.  I hate our endless Chicago summers and I cannot wait for fall and winter to finally arrive!
You are a rarity my dear. Although the change in the seasons is kind of nice. It just starts to wear on me when it's say..April and we get a snowstorm. By that time I'm pretty done with it. The worst thing is having to buy gas for lawnmowers, snowblowers, leaf blowers, etc. We never get a break and when it's about $4 a gallon all the time it becomes really sucks. Yes I know that's not much compared to our counterparts overseas, but our mpg on our vehicles is shit. I've seriously been considering changing my vehicle's powertrain to the European spec but the freight on all the parts will kill me. I could purchase one there and ship it but there again the shipping will have me back at the same cost as dumping fuel into the tank. Not to mention the headache and taxes- you can't win!  :diabo_do_msn:

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 05:54:10 pm »
No gas prices are insane that is for sure.  That is the other thing I hate about summer too though is the electric bill from running the air conditioner all the time.  I know my neighbors complain about that too every summer. You are right we cannot win!
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline Walter_BR

• Salem
  • Justice is meaningless without freedom.
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 11:40:35 am »
I always find it funny how people from colder countries dislike winter, while people from hotter countries dislike summer.
Here in Brazil, most people hates summer, because in gets insanely hot. Specially those who live in the northeast or the east coast.
I'm one of the few who actually enjoys summer and spring.

Offline Count Jonah

• Desecrator Of Souls
  • +++++
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 07:11:42 am »
I will be visiting the Dallas area next week. My grandmother is originally from Corsicana,  and I will be taking her there for a visit...I know right? "Welcome Home GRANDMA!!!"  :king:

While I'm there, I think it would be interesting to see any King related sites. I don't expect to bump into King (I did that already here in LA back in 2003), but it would be cool to check out some of his regular "haunts". Same goes for Matt (Who is the only Abigail 2 era member I have NOT been able to meet!) or former American members of KD, maybe one of them runs a record shop in the area?
"And I'm just the devil with love to spare
Viva Las Vegas Viva Las Vegas" - The King

Offline Scumdog

• Mad Arab
  • Poop Ship Destroyer
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2015, 06:43:59 pm »
I was away a long time, I never knew this was answered.

Thank you Livia