Author Topic: Graveyard & HOG Remasters  (Read 913 times)

Offline PsychoMotel

• Unborn
Graveyard & HOG Remasters
« on: March 12, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »
I need these 2 CD's to finish my collection and need to know if I should get the regular versions or the Remaster one's? Any help would be great.

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
Re: Graveyard & HOG Remasters
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 01:07:20 PM »
I would suggest the original albums personally i think an album is more appreciated when hearing the first issue that is my opinion.   However the remasters are done very well so either or you are still getting two incredible albums.

Stay Heavy  \m/
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:11:08 PM by Shadowswhisper »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline LucasRomao

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 10:55:31 AM »
I need these 2 CD's to finish my collection and need to know if I should get the regular versions or the Remaster one's? Any help would be great.both
Why not get both?  :idea:
I personally have both (or more) and counting.  :gah:

But I agree with @Shadowswhisper, the original press are always amazing!

Offline ilmothedude

• Spirit
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 10:51:57 AM »
I only have remastered versions of Graveyard and HOG, but I'm thinking if I should buy originals aswell   :) . By the way, I find Graveyard remaster to sound pretty mid-bass heavy, which sounds a bit bloated on songs like Black Hill Sanitarium and Trick or Treat. No other KD album has that kind of sound, so I wonder if original version has a better sound. Also I might prefer original artwork of Graveyard over remaster edition, so maybe that alone would be reason enough to get it.  :D
The power I get from the chain is mine,
Only I can use it!

Offline Kitakazi

• Spirit
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 02:35:08 PM »
I'm a big fan of all the remastered albums and House of God is perhaps my favorite KD album. However, House of God is the only album where I prefer the original version.
I can't put my finger on why the original HOG is better but there is some sort of atmosphere that is lost on the remastered version. There is also a loud white noise that can be heard very clearly on the remastered version that is not noticeable at all on the original.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who say they don't like House of God have only heard the remastered version.

Offline ilmothedude

• Spirit
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 02:25:42 PM »
I'm a big fan of all the remastered albums and House of God is perhaps my favorite KD album. However, House of God is the only album where I prefer the original version.
I can't put my finger on why the original HOG is better but there is some sort of atmosphere that is lost on the remastered version. There is also a loud white noise that can be heard very clearly on the remastered version that is not noticeable at all on the original.

Sometimes I wonder if the people who say they don't like House of God have only heard the remastered version.
That sounds interesting. I haven't noticed any white noise on HOG remaster, and I also like the sound very much, and aswell love the album and concept itself. But your comments about atmosphere makes me want to buy original version.
The power I get from the chain is mine,
Only I can use it!