Author Topic: Abigail: Roadrunner VS. Original version...  (Read 407 times)

Offline ilmothedude

• Spirit
Abigail: Roadrunner VS. Original version...
« on: June 08, 2017, 01:59:55 PM »
Roadrunner box was first album set I bought from King Diamond, and something always bothered me about Abigail sound. When I bought original version of Abigail album, I realized immediately how much BETTER the sound was. It was almost like listening some remastered version of same album, how much more airy and dynamic sound was. In comparison Roadrunner edition is harsh and in your face type of sound. Also it's strange, that there is also that slight stereo image bug in Arrival intro on Roadrunner version, and on original version it's not there at all... Strange.

Here's example pic of "Black Horsemen" which shows differency in compression. Roadrunner is just horribly overly compressed, and it can be heard!

The power I get from the chain is mine,
Only I can use it!

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
Re: Abigail: Roadrunner VS. Original version...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 12:22:47 PM »
I believe i remember an interview were King himself commented on reissue of certain albums in which he had no control over the project if i am not mistaken he was very displeased with the way they sounded.   Something to the effect of simply increasing the volume and adding compression.   Now dreams of horror on the other hand were amazingly remasters.

Stay Heavy  \m/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:23:48 PM by Shadowswhisper »
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !