Author Topic: King Diamond Brazilian Concert: 06/25/2017  (Read 888 times)

Offline LucasRomao

• Catacomb Crawler
King Diamond Brazilian Concert: 06/25/2017
« on: June 28, 2017, 07:22:29 AM »
Hello everyone,

Since yesterday I'm thinking on what I could write about the King Diamond concert in Brazil last weekend, but I need to confess that the words are missing to describe what I'm feeling and what happened here in Brazil!;

I want to talk not only about the concert, because most of us already had the opportunity to experience that at least one time. But also talk about the commotion created around the event!
Since the band started to arrive in Brazil, the fans finally understood that - after 21 years - King Diamond band would REALLY play in Brazil and the groups and social medias exploded with lots of information about the Festival + about the bands (including dozens of interviews).

Every day since last Thursday I'm listening friends and people that I never heard before, telling about their stories on how was the experience to meet the band. Most of them never had the opportunity to see they playing live, and in fact great part of them even wasn't born in 1996 (year of the 1st KD gig here).... What to say about those ones (like me) who was on the King Diamond concerts in 96 or even on the Mercyful Fate ones (96, 98 and 99)? It were unbeliavable saw people singing too loud and tearing with emotion just for having a chance to see King Diamond playing once.  :D

What to say about Kim, Livia, Andy, Mike, Pontus, Jodi, Hel Pyre...? The way that they received each fan that went to the hotel, to the airport, when meet on the streets, at the venue before and after the show.... It was completely amazing..... We are still in shock about everything and specially how respectfull with the fans they are (and I hope they could felt the same by our side).

In resume: Guys, thank you so much for everything, for each song played, each moment on our fan life that you (again) just wrote a new magic page, and if King Diamond had a legion of  fans in Brazil after this Sunday I have no idea which adjective uses to classify.... This was my ninth time seeing King Diamond/Mercyful Fate playing live, and certainly this one was the most fucking amazing time!!  :gah:  \m/

Check this link for some pics: https://1drv.ms/i/s!ApwzAbhMwUeokXqek-Mh_mtWjISj (I will be including more up to the next days)

//Pics by myself except me with King and me with Andy
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:40:43 PM by LucasRomao »

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
Re: King Diamond Brazilian Concert: 06/25/2017
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:37:00 AM »
I was just wondering if that was really Livia on backing vocals, because she seemed different to me (only watched on Youtube)! So, was that really Hel Pyre from Afterblood? What happened?

Offline The Joker

• Back Door Man
  • The mother of postwhores!
  • $xDxR
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 11:41:44 AM »
The concert was amazing. I don't have the words to describe it.
15 years waiting for a single night .. and it was worth it.

also, I met the band at the hotel and everyone was so kind and cool to us.

I still don't know what to write here, so I will just say thank you to the band and to the fans .. it was perfect :king:

"it was magic, I know.. this night was full of it"

Offline LucasRomao

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 02:37:31 PM »
I was just wondering if that was really Livia on backing vocals, because she seemed different to me (only watched on Youtube)! So, was that really Hel Pyre from Afterblood? What happened?

Yes was really Hel Pyre from AfterBlood on backing vocals.
Probably because Livia is taking care of little Byron. According with her, soon she will be back!  \m/ :gah:

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 07:01:12 PM »

Yep, Hel Pyre from Afterblood is substituting for me on backing vocals for a few shows, until I can get back on stage (really missing it!).
King and I had a baby, named Byron, and I am taking care of him right now and cannot perform just yet. :)

Rest assured, everything is all good here, and I'll be back soon! :)
Working in the backgrounds :)

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 12:27:35 AM »
Ok, thank you Livia! :) Glad everything is good! :king:

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 01:37:27 AM »
Nice to see you and lot's of Brazilian (South American) fans had an amazing time!   \m/

King and I had a baby, named Byron, and I am taking care of him right now...

Allthough i have seen some pics on Facebook allready, this is still some excellent news.
Allthough maybe a bit late, congratulations to you and King. :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 12:39:00 PM by Bub »
nah

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 10:45:52 AM »
Nice to see you and lot's of Brazilian (South American) had an amazing time!   \m/

Allthough i have seen some pics on Facebook allready, this is still some excellent news.
Allthough maybe a bit late, congratulations to you and King. :)

Thank you! 😊

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Angel Of Light
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2017, 12:45:13 PM »
Yep, Hel Pyre from Afterblood is substituting for me on backing vocals for a few shows, until I can get back on stage (really missing it!).
King and I had a baby, named Byron, and I am taking care of him right now and cannot perform just yet. :)

Rest assured, everything is all good here, and I'll be back soon! :)
Very cool,now we have our Prince! I might be late to the party, but this was the first read about it. Congratulations to you and King, that's awesome news. Hail to Prince Byron!  :diabo_do_msn:

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 06:59:00 AM »
 :o Wait... Wait a second... Wait a second!!! Do you mean that the little Byron is King and Livia's baby??? Their own son??? Oh my goodness!!! I didn't imagine that!!! :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: What a news!!! Sorry Livia if I didn't congratulated before! I didn't get it! When you said "King and I had a baby" I got "We had a baby to take care of that somene gave to us"! :-[
Well, many congratulations to you both!!! Finally Prince Diamond is born! :king:
I bet the name Byron comes from David Byron of Uriah Heep! :icon_wink:

Offline Amidiatus

• Desecrator Of Souls
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 08:36:31 AM »
Congrats!!!!!!!
So it has happened!!!!!!! I'm really glad to know it. Best wishes to baby, you and King!!!!
Sincerely your the biggest fan from Ukraine!!!

Offline Livia Zita

• Band
    • Livia's Artsy Stuff
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 04:05:29 PM »
Thank you all so much 😊

I bet the name Byron comes from David Byron of Uriah Heep! :icon_wink:

It sure does 😊

Offline perpetusdoloriis

• Spirit
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2017, 07:37:15 AM »
Man, i canĀ“t describe how i feel to see Kind Diamond play for my first time.
I was expected this for a far too long, and all the time when i saw a interview and King promisses of a great concert, this grow more and more.
And what happen that night was great! The band performance, perfect felling and King kick Ass singing.
So, like King said, that we will never forget that day, he was right for sure.
Just perfect moments!! :king: :king: :king:

Offline DevilEeeyes

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2017, 03:08:01 PM »
Thank you all so much 😊

It sure does 😊

Many congratulations! My son turns one next week.  Just over one year ago, I was hoping that he wouldn't arrive early and make me miss the Abigail show in London  :icon_lol: