Author Topic: Question about Madeline from The Eye  (Read 335 times)

Offline ufaforwork3

• Unborn
Question about Madeline from The Eye
« on: September 08, 2017, 09:17:03 AM »
Hey, maybe I'm dumb.

Is Madeline one of the little girls from Two Little Girls? The one who picks it up as the other looks into it and dies?

Is it intended that she kept it, held onto it, and grew up to be Madeline? Is afraid of "The Curse" of The Eye and runs to the convent for help?

If so, that's awesome and I'm dumb for not noticing it. It adds a lot of dimension to The Eye necklace. Somehow it ends up around Mummified Abigail's neck, and somehow ends up in King's hands.

My God I love that album.

????????
?????????????
???????????????

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
Re: Question about Madeline from The Eye
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 09:50:40 AM »
The Eye is obviously a magic artifact. It may appear where it is needed, or perhaps the little girl ended up at the convent not long after. I don't think she was Madeline, though I may be mistaken. Seems the Eye just shows up when Maddie needs it most:

That night she awoke to find "The Eye"
On the stone cold floor Why, She never ever would know why
But she put it on

Next day father David passed away
At communion time
Why he never ever would know why
But he looked at "The Eye"

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 11:33:52 PM »
I've always been puzzled about the mysterious Two Little Girls myself.
It doesn't really give any good explanation on how The Eye suddenly ends up in the possession of Madeleine. Was the convent built upon the stake which Jeanne D'basson was burnt and lost her necklace?

But yes, as TwilightKing says, this part of the lyrics is very strange;

"That night she awoke to find "The Eye" on the stone cold floor.
Why, she never ever would know why but she put it on."

She just awoke and found the ancient necklace?

I guess only King has the answer to these questions, or maybe they can be found somewhere in the lyrics, I don't know.

What is for certain is that The Eye is a masterpiece of an album. It's been my favourite album by KD ever since I heard it in 1992.

Offline Shadowswhisper

• Lurker From The Dark
  • even a broken clock is right twice a day
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 06:02:39 PM »
 A very interesting question to be sure and maybe some validity to it being a possible scenario.   As it would seem Madeline awoke to find the eye as she put it on the necklace either by invocation or of its own pure will of evil set in motion terrible events such as the death of father David whom was probably a good priest bringing about the reign of father Picard.   

What is also revealing is that Madeline entered the convent to hide from her sins so it is likely she was the little girl who looked at the eye causing the death of her friend perhaps that is why she wanted to become a nun to absolve her soul of that guilt.   She may have kept the necklace for any number of reasons or it simply may have appeared again to do its nefarious work in the church as revenge for the inquisition and burning of Jeanne D' basson.

Good question  Stay Heavy \m/
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...would explain why i am so nice !

Offline johnnieczech

• Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:38:25 AM »
I'm quite sure Madeleine was one of the two little girls.

Offline Chapanut

• Unborn
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 02:56:34 AM »
I like this album a lot.
It is very good.