Author Topic: King and the hat.  (Read 981 times)

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
King and the hat.
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:26:56 pm »
Okay. This is a question that I've been wondering about for quite a few years.
The picture in the booklet of Time (1994), it shows King wearing the hat for the first time.

It obviously shows King live with the hat. But the last thing King did live was with
Mercyful Fate during the In The Shows-tour of 1993, and he did not wear the hat
during that tour, as we can see on for example this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25-Y3iPBIck

So how is it that in the Time-booklet it shows King with the hat, when King did
not wear the hat during the shows on the In The Shadows-tour in 1993?

It seems strange that King suddenly started using the "black horseman" image
in the middle of the In The Shadows-tour, which I have never seen any footage
of or talked to anyone that confirm that. I know that King started using the hat
during the Time-tour, but that doesn't explain how the picture with King with a
hat got into the Time-booklet before that tour even started.

Any theories or specific answers to this?
I'm sure Livia could get an answer, but I'm not sure how often she checks the forum.

Anyway, let me what you think.

Offline Bub

• Global Moderator
  • Doomed by the living dead!
Re: King and the hat.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 07:48:17 am »
heh, good question.

It might be just a promo shot, not from a real live concert.
That's all i can think off.

And allthough it's a nice picture, if it's just a promo shot, my guess is, they would have gotten a better one, where King poses more for the picture.
It's not a screengrab from a videoclip either since King doesn't use the bones to hold a microphone.
So, it must be from a live situation.

Maybe Livia can ask King, when she reads this?
nah

Offline Freeze

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 02:43:06 pm »
I'm pretty certain that the picture of King in "Time" is from the Roskilde Festival 1994. That gig was a one off gig before the release of the album. As you can see in the video below King wears the hat. And by the way , I was there. Young, drunk and happy to finally see the King live for the first time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGSB9eiR0Kg

Offline SatanKing

• "Amon" Belongs To You
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 08:10:19 pm »
I'm pretty certain that the picture of King in "Time" is from the Roskilde Festival 1994. That gig was a one off gig before the release of the album. As you can see in the video below King wears the hat. And by the way , I was there. Young, drunk and happy to finally see the King live for the first time!

I still have a copy of that show that I bought years ago!
"Satanism is about the Powers/Spirits of Darkness/Unknown" - King Diamond

Offline TheUnborn

• Haunted
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 11:33:50 am »
heh, good question.

It might be just a promo shot, not from a real live concert.
That's all i can think off.

And allthough it's a nice picture, if it's just a promo shot, my guess is, they would have gotten a better one, where King poses more for the picture.
It's not a screengrab from a videoclip either since King doesn't use the bones to hold a microphone.
So, it must be from a live situation.

Maybe Livia can ask King, when she reads this?

A promo shot, that's actually a theory I haven't thought about to be honest.  But yeah, it seems strange to use that as a picture for the booklet, cause it really does look like it was taken during a concert.

Hmm, the Time-picture shows King wearing the Black Horsemen-outfit. The outfit King uses on the Roskilde Festival has him wearing a cape and a sleeveless black t-shirt, so it doesn't really look like it's from that show.

Must have been killer to see Mercyful Fate live in 1994, though!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 11:34:50 am by TheUnborn »