Author Topic: Abigail II: The Revenge  (Read 8688 times)

Offline Fatal Portrait 92

• Banshee
  • http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Inde
Abigail II: The Revenge
« on: June 24, 2007, 01:31:59 pm »
I dont really like this album but I do wonder what it is about because I cant figure it out  \m/
Do any of you know
The shadows move They're here to feed the dead ... the shadows move 'Cause there is life after death

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
Re: Abigail II: The Revenge
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 01:34:16 pm »
abigail taking revenge on Jonathan....

what part of the story you don't understand? the story is a little bit to long to tell it all

Neffie's penguin's

Offline ranchersuezo

• Uninvited Guest
  • I am being victimized again!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2007, 09:59:06 pm »
ive listened to abigail like 30 times (first to last track) and i own Abigail 2, but every time i listen to it, i just cant pay attention at all, all i can remember is like, the begining they say Abigail and O'brien's sister are the same person, and at one point Abigail remembers Jonathon.  And wait, why would Abigail want revenge on Jonathon?  what did he do to her?  talked to her mean?  i mean seriously.  maybe you mean Count DeLafey?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 11:15:16 pm by ranchersuezo »
no

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2007, 10:00:16 pm »
ive listened to abigail like 30 times (first to last track) and ive own Abigail 2, but every time i listen to it, i just cant pay attention at all, all i can remember is like, the begining they say Abigail and O'brien's sister are the same person, and at one point Abigail remembers Jonathon.  And wait, why would Abigail want revenge on Jonathon?  what did he do to her?  talked to her mean?  i mean seriously.  maybe you mean Count DeLafey?
give abigail a GOOD listen....

Offline Mark

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2007, 10:08:30 pm »
The Wheelchair>Us.

Offline ranchersuezo

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2007, 11:13:34 pm »
give abigail a GOOD listen....
nooo, i know like every word of Abigail (the first one), freakin awsome, Abigail 2 is the one i barely know anything about.
no

Offline Satan's Portrait

• Ammit, Eater of the Dead
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2007, 11:19:34 pm »
Read the lyrics along with the music. The story can get kind of complex, so that's why the book comes with a family tree. When you think about it, it all really makes sense....and the just the idea of some of the things is pretty twisted. I mean, if you really get the story.

Offline Fatal Portrait 92

• Banshee
  • http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Inde
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 07:45:30 am »
I dont like the album much ethier could that be part of it
The shadows move They're here to feed the dead ... the shadows move 'Cause there is life after death

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 08:44:29 am »
While Abigail II is obviously an obligatory gift to the fans, it has many powerful moments in it. Think of Abigail II sort fo like a sequel remake, 'cause, storywise, it's got some discontinuity. Musically, I find this to be a very strong mix and production. The band line-up was the same one that finished the HoG Tour, so they were probably all clicking. LaRocque and Wead are a perfect fit.They just compliment their strengths and abilities so well. Fans weren't really screaming for a sequel to King's masterpiece, but Abigail II's heart should not be overlooked...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline maarten.

• NCS Team
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 09:26:00 am »
at the moment, AII is my favorit album of all. some weeks ago it still was the graveyard and before that it was JP-painkiller.
this album is truly a masterpiece. it has that '80s feeling which i like, but now it's played by a band with +20years of experience \m/

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Russ

• Holy Shrine
    • The Tab Crypt
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 09:40:03 am »
Ok, I'll try to do a recap.  All the details are in the lyrics, especially if you look at the family tree in the Abigail II book.

Countess De La Fey had an affair and was pregnant with Abigail.  The person she had the affair with was Gregory O'Brien.  

As told in "Abigail", the Count knows about the affair so threw the Countess down the steps, killing her and the baby.  Or specifically as the lyrics say:

"The Countess broke her neck and the
embryo came out dead
The he burned his beloved Wife
and the embryo he gave a name
"Abigail You must rest in shame" Rest in shame"

So now the person the Countess had the affair with, Gregory O'Brien, he would go on to have another child with his wife, James O'Brien.  This is the Black Horseman we know as O'Brien.

Also, the Count and Countess DID have a legimate daughter, who would have an affair James O'Brien.  They would have a son, Jonathon La Fey.

So fast forward to Abigail present time.  Jonathon marries Miriam and she's pregnant.  They go to inherit Jonathon's grandparents mansion.  The horseman O'Brien [Jonathon's father, but since it was an affair I presume he grew up with his mother and her husband, since Jonathon doesn't recognize him] warns them not to go.  While at the mansion, Jonathon is visited by his grandfather [the Count, the family ghost] who tells him the spirit of Abigail [the bastard child] is inside Miriam and he must kill her before that spirit can be reborn.

Jonathon tries to do so but Miriam throws him down the stairs.  Miriam is of course possessed by Abigial at this point.  So Abigail is born, Miriam dies, and the horsemen come to take Abigail away.

What happens next is at the beginning of Abigail when they say they must bury this newborn child that is really Abigail's spirit.  They ask who will be first?  O'Brien steps up, but not to help bury her.  He makes a suggestion, which is heard at the beginning of Abigail II.

He lets them know that this child, with Abigail's spirit, is therefore his half-sister.  [Same father, different mothers].  He says:

""I, O'Brian of the Black Horsemen, forbid this sacrilege
You all know that this Demon Child has Abigail's spirit
Inside
But what you don't know is
That she is the reincarnation of my stillborn half-sister
Her spirit is not EVIL, nor is it GOOD
All it wants, is to make things right again
So spare this life, through which revenge can be mine
And Abigail can find her final peace
I, O'Brian, have spoken
Let it be done"

[Why the O'Brien is spelled with an 'a' here but not in the family tree, I don't know].

So anyway, Abigail II is about the grown up child of Jonathon and Miriam.  I'm tired of typing this so to be brief:

She arrives at the mansion after leaving the chapel where she grew up and Jonathon is still alive though in a wheelchair.  He thinks he sees Miriam and eventually makes love to her to produce an heir.  Meanwhile, Abigail has been seeing a ghost called Little One.

After the love making, Abigail finds the child size coffin in the crypt with the stillborn mummified corpse of the very first Abigail.  The evil spirit awakens inside the present day Abigail [so essentially now everytime you see Abigail it's the stillborns spirit inside the 18 year old Abigail's body] and suddenly she's out for revenge.  She knows Jonathon tried to kill Miriam to prevent her birth, just like The Count killed her before she was born the first time, so she will take her revenge on the Count's grandson, Jonathon.

She kills Jonathon after informing him she's actually his father's half-sister.  The flames burn her body as well, so the spirit of Abigail is free but she forgot to take the spirit of Little One with her, so she searches her out.  Little One is still stuck looking for her mommy.  

But basically, Little One is the spirit of the baby that was killed by the Count.  That spirit possessed Miriam and gave birth to the new Abigail, which was in turn possessed by the Abigail spirit again.  So in actuality, Little One is searching for her mommy but will never find her because she IS her own mommy.  The spirit possessed a body to give birth to a new body she took over.

That last part is kind of confusing but I think that's the basic idea.  If anyone finds errors, feel free to correct me.  I got tired of typing this awhile ago :)

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 09:43:53 am »
at the moment, AII is my favorit album of all. some weeks ago it still was the graveyard and before that it was JP-painkiller.
this album is truly a masterpiece. it has that '80s feeling which i like, but now it's played by a band with +20years of experience \m/

Absolutely! AII has the melodic metal sound that was missing from the releases in the 90s. I truely believe when Pete Blakk was released of his duties, LaRocque was without a 2nd guitarist that complimented his playing style for the KD band. It wasn't until Mike Wead joined that the band rediscovered this class that it had been missing since the Eye. Although I enjoy the stuff from the 90s, again, the topical line-up has to be given its' credit due. They are a talented bunch. And could easily pull off another obligatory follow-up if they ever get in the mood. But the point is, AII, could and does, easliy stand alone from it's original influence...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline maarten.

• NCS Team
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 10:51:36 am »
you're 100% correct man :king:

and Russ, thanks for typing the story out, i was a little bit to lazy for that. i think you have it all right, that's the way i saw it too.
the O' Brien-O' Brain stuff i never noticed before, so thanks for mention that

Neffie's penguin's

Offline ranchersuezo

• Uninvited Guest
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 12:05:31 pm »
Edit: i posted something here as sort of a question, then i realized i was an idiot and found my answer, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:07:12 pm by ranchersuezo »
no

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 02:06:13 pm »
Just wanted to chime in here in agreement that AII is indeed a classic- if much maligned-- KD release that I believe suffers partially from it's complexity. Fatal Portarit 92 is not the only one that I've heard of that doesn't get it. However plainly Russ as evidenced by his accurate recap of the story, does! And IMO it is a killer genius of ghost-revenge tale.

Although the original album will always be superior to my ears, the storyline from the second flows perfectly with the first and throws in some added twists. At this point it is not hard for me to accept them as one complete entity. 

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 02:18:34 pm »
This is my least favourite KD album. :fingers: But I like it a llot more than I used to. :cool: