Author Topic: A little question about King's logo...  (Read 12782 times)

Offline Metallist

• Holy Shrine
A little question about King's logo...
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:05:10 pm »
I just dont get it. The symbol in King's logo; the one with the mark of infinity and some cross of Lorraine or something...What does it actually mean! I bet it's some kind of occult symbol, something I just haven't heard of (yet?)...

What is it, or what does it mean?

Offline Shagr

• Mandrake
  • Whoopy-fucking-doo.
    • Shagrmeister
Re: A little question about King's logo...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 02:19:19 pm »
Wasn't this in the faq? If it wasn't, it should. Something about alchemy symbol of brimstone/sulphur...
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 04:21:14 pm »
yeah it was in the FAQ....we lost the complete thing and i had to rebuild it so i am not sure if it got in the new one....

I will try and find a complete anwser for it again and put it in the FAQ

Offline Metallist

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:40:31 am »
Brimstone/Sulphur. That's just REAL great. Thanks Shagr.

i didn't know of no faq... ^^

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 06:38:35 pm »
I just dont get it. The symbol in King's logo; the one with the mark of infinity and some cross of Lorraine or something...What does it actually mean! I bet it's some kind of occult symbol, something I just haven't heard of (yet?)...

What is it, or what does it mean?

It's the seal of the black flame but it is know by  many different name's such as for example: Prometheus fire, Ahrimans flame etc.

Offline Metallist

• Holy Shrine
ITS THE SEAL OF THE BLACK FLAME!! ROAAAAARRGGHH!!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 05:06:30 am »
It's the seal of the black flame but it is know by  many different name's such as for example: Prometheus fire, Ahrimans flame etc.
Even better. I'll paint the pic to my leather jacket and shout "ITS THE SEAL OF BLACK FLAME! RAW BLOODY MEAT! ROAAAAAARRRGGHH!"

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 02:19:01 pm »
And what does it mean? Does it mean that the black flame will burn eternally, or what?
And what is exactly the black flame?

Offline Metallist

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 06:30:23 am »
And what does it mean? Does it mean that the black flame will burn eternally, or what?
And what is exactly the black flame?
Black Flame. I dunno, but I bet it's something related to satan, lord of fire.Maybe I've read about the flame on the satanic bible and just dont remember.

Does your nick come after Necrophagia's badass song?

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 11:35:08 am »

i didn't know of no faq... ^^
Every forum has their own FAQ's, usually pinned at the top... ;)

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 02:15:07 pm »
@Metallist: You´re right, my nick was taken from the NECROPHAGIA song - it´s great  \m/
The logo has definately something to do with Satan. And the black flame, too. I´ve read something years ago, but I can´t remember....I think it´s like Believing in Satan for all eternity or something like that - but I´m not sure....

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 04:11:39 pm »
no thats not it....

LaVey put the symbol on the top of the nine satanic statments in the satanic bible only as a mockary to christianity....i dont belive it really has anything to do with satanism before lavey got a hold of it

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 09:43:01 am »
no thats not it....

LaVey put the symbol on the top of the nine satanic statments in the satanic bible only as a mockary to christianity....i dont belive it really has anything to do with satanism before lavey got a hold of it
If I'm not mistaken this is acctualy a old symbol that has been connected to satanism for a long time. I strongly doubt that LaVey was the first one to use this symbol in a connection to satanism.

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 12:27:40 pm »
aha...mmmh ok, that could be right but the meaning isn´t solved now..... :gah:

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 12:41:38 pm »
ok, I´ve googled a little bit...on a page there was a picture of the symbol and it´s called SULFUR. Here´s the explanation:

A symbol for the alchemical element Sulfur, which is analogous to the human soul. Alchemically, sulfur has the qualities of masculine, hot and dry- combined with Mercury (feminine, cool and moist), the pair were considered the parents of all metals.

Alchemical drawings often portray Sulfur as the sun. (In some views, sulfur and salt are the parents of Mercury) The symbol of sulfur is often used as an identifying symbol by many Satanists. This glyph is often referred to incorrectly as the "pontifical cross of Satan" by tract writers, due to its adoption as an emblem of Satanism by Anton LeVey.

Offline swintek

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 11:48:05 pm »
Nice pull, Bloodfreak! Can't get much clearer than that. Thanks- been waiting a LONG time to hear the story on that thing.

Ron

Offline THF

• Fatal Portrait
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 08:13:53 am »
ok, I´ve googled a little bit...on a page there was a picture of the symbol and it´s called SULFUR. Here´s the explanation:

A symbol for the alchemical element Sulfur, which is analogous to the human soul. Alchemically, sulfur has the qualities of masculine, hot and dry- combined with Mercury (feminine, cool and moist), the pair were considered the parents of all metals.

Alchemical drawings often portray Sulfur as the sun. (In some views, sulfur and salt are the parents of Mercury) The symbol of sulfur is often used as an identifying symbol by many Satanists. This glyph is often referred to incorrectly as the "pontifical cross of Satan" by tract writers, due to its adoption as an emblem of Satanism by Anton LeVey.

Ok, didn't know that. Seems like it is with most symbols in satanism it has different meanings in different teachings.

Offline Metallist

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 08:29:16 am »
the pair was considered parents of all metals.
The logo has a cross meaning. It also kinda tells King's music is metal.

Offline RipperBendix

• Global Moderator
    • Mah Band
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 03:21:00 am »
Bloodfreak wins the thread.
-This space for rent-

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 11:54:52 am »

Offline exmarine

• Spirit
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 10:57:10 am »
In 1988 I was a US Marine stationed in NewJersey of all places.  I had just gotten turned on to KingDiamond and was instantly a hardcore fan... I use to hang out in NYC alot on the weekends.  One day I found a occult store called "The Magical Childe"  I spent a entire afternoon in there.  They had a case full of amulets and talismans.  While going through it found the "Cross of Lorraine"  This is the exact medallion that King wears.  Its the eternity symbol with the double bar cross on it.  One thing that most of you don't notice (Because the one King wears has all the black rubbed off of it) is there is also a small lightening bolt looking symbol underneath the eternity symbol.  All of these symbols combined onto a single medallion makes that mediallion "The Cross of Lorainne", although the common accepted "Cross of Lorainne" is the standard cross with a extra crossbeam.  I bought that medallion and a satanic pentagram from the store... Years later when living in Tempe Arizona, I hooked up with a girl that had a "Witches Eye"... The exact one from "The Eye".... I asked her where she had gotten it, and if she would concider selling it to me.  She told me that its not for sale, that it was given to her by her grandmother before she passed away a few years before.  I told her what my interest was in it, and she told me that she had never heard of King Diamond.... Beautiful girl.. but a bit of a hippie. I couldn't talk her out of it.

I later read one of my Magik books, and found that the "Cross of Lorraine" medallion is used to place curses onto people.  Designed to cause pain & affliction by placing the medallion near where the person lives, and never to be worn.  I guess King is not the superstitious type.

Anyways... I am not a authority on such things, only relaying what I have once owned, and read about.

This is about as close as I can get to recreating it.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 11:16:36 am by exmarine »
dead girls never say no.

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 01:39:49 pm »
Designed to cause pain & affliction by placing the medallion near where the person lives, and never to be worn.

well i am screwed lol

Offline ancient-spells

• Unborn
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 10:24:34 am »
Cross Of Lorraine is also the symbol of René D'anjou Duke of anjou a noble from de 15 century,

The piece who was add to the original christian cross represent INRI (sign nailed on jesus cross)

catholic believes that the true cross of lorraine was the cross where jesus was crucified. 

It's also the first emblem of the hungarian kings

and the symbol of the french resistance in WWII.

but the symbol king use is the symbol of the black sulfur in alchemy

Sorry for my poor english.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 10:47:18 am by ancient-spells »

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 11:17:34 pm »
I was always told it was the symbol of Jonah. I had the chance to buy the Witches Eye necklace at a record store a long time ago. kept putting it off and eventually the store closed.
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline Blackest

• Victimized
  • Sleepless Nights
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 06:17:58 am »
This is called Black Diamond Seal!

Maybe the name King Diamond could be taken by this mark, 'cause the brimstone symbol and the inverted star are inside a diamond!

Offline Satans KINGdom

• Superpostwhore
  • If thine eyes decieve thee, pluck them out!
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 01:08:24 pm »
Maybe someday King will write a book and put to rest all these unanswered questions. I have always wanted to know EXACTLY what that symbol was, and what it represented. I want to get it tattooed on me someday, but I won't do it till I know exactly whaat it is lol