Author Topic: King Diamond here...  (Read 69266 times)

Offline Kingwild

• Global Moderator
  • Dead Again
Re: King Diamond here...
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 06:24:43 am »
It was a very pleasant suprise!Stay Healthy King, wish you a good recovery and thanks for this awesome album.
 :fingers:
"I sharpened my blade all of these years , waiting to take my revenge.The heads of those
who  tried

Offline Teabag

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 06:37:49 am »
Good to hear from you King, and nice insight on the recording process for the new album.  One thing I really like what you did for the new album was to write it in the present tense.  The lyrics have so much more meaning since they place us (the listeners) into the songs themselves.  It gives me a sense of experiencing the same thing you are during the songs.

Opinions will vary like you said.  I personally think this one is the best one since Conspiracy.  The one thing that truly separates you from all of the other musicians out there is your ability to continually produce albums that have ORIGINALITY - there is nothing else like them out there.  You are definitely one-of-a-kind.

Bravo, job well done.  Give the guys in the band props too.

Stay Heavy, get well, and continue to be who you are and do what you do.

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 06:40:46 am »
killer post, hail to the king   :king:

regarding the vocals, the best awser to those who say you're holding back is seeing you live. Deadly Lullabies is the best live album in my collection, and there we can see this new band kicking all the asses. I've have heard some bootlegs and know that it's all real, and it's impressive.

It was clear to me that you've been becoming better and better vocalist, and better vocalists uses less falsettos than his 'real voice'.
I think that it's normal tought that some fans miss that old ear piercing falsettos, but they'll understand someday.
I wrote an review where i said i didn't like the layered vocals, but that's just one person oppinion.

As for production i've never heard better, period. Los Angered must have it's schedule full in the upcomming months.

This new album get's better and better with every listening.

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 06:45:41 am »
and better vocalists uses less falsettos than his 'real voice'.
:gah: i don't get this, what do you mean by that?

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Baron Semedi

• Spirit
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 06:46:03 am »
King you should really apply for a username hahaha (jk)

Love the new album. I must be honest, first listen i wasnt completely taken, even sent a few sms to friends saying umm dont know what to think of this, but like you said, a few listens is all it takes, this is one of the best! And each time it gets better!!!  Thanks again, remember to visit australia once in your life :D and take care of that back....

Regardzzz

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 06:53:48 am »
killer post, hail to the king   :king:
regarding the vocals, the best awser to those who say you're holding back is seeing you live. Deadly Lullabies is the best live album in my collection, and there we can see this new band kicking all the asses. I've have heard some bootlegs and know that it's all real, and it's impressive.

Exactly. The vocals on Deadly Lullabyes are WAY better than vocals on In ConcertAbigail.

Offline King Of Diamonds

• Possessed
  • I am many...We are one... The HIGHEST!
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 06:59:00 am »
 :king: \m/ :cool:
First off- THANK YOU KING for coming on here and speaking to us about the new album! Very cool of you!!  :)

Second- since I now know that you're reading the forums, I would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU for always satisfying, and never disappointing with your album releases- and that goes from the very first Mercyful Fate record up through every King Diamond album right to "Give Me Your Soul Please". You've always stayed true to the music style you created, and the vocal phrasing, melodies, and harmonies that you come up with are the greatest and most 'ear pleasing' in the music industry. The musicianship of the rest of the band also never fails to prove that KING DIAMOND is the best metal band in the world, bar none.  One always knows what to expect in a way when it comes to a new KD release, yet at the same time, each release stays unique to the others.  

So thanks again KING- don't ever stop! Looking forward to the US Tour- get well and STAY HEAVY!
Cheers to everyone involved in the writing, recording and production of the new album!

Offline vonseux

• Banshee
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 07:11:12 am »
:gah: i don't get this, what do you mean by that?

well, i don't know how to explain it better. But i think one's range is not measured by falsettos.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 07:12:53 am »
well, i don't know how to explain it better. But i think one's range is not measured by falsettos.
Maybe that he can sing good even without falsetto?

Offline maarten.

• NCS Team
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 07:23:51 am »
of course not, a singer who can sing falsettos isn't therefor always a good singer. but we all know that king is a good singer AND that he can use his falsetto in an unknow good way.
but does that mean that he don't have to use it that much anymore to prove he's a better singer?
i don't get it....

Neffie's penguin's

Offline DarkOne

• Black Horseman
  • FLmetal.com
    • Florida's Heavy METAL Underground
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 07:34:42 am »
That is very cool of you KING... As a musician and artist myself, it sucks to feel the need to explain yourself under scrutiny. There are always going to be haters out there, and in my own experience I seem to run into all kinds of them. I play everything from 80's hair metal, to all out black metal, and absolutely love it. I've been called everything under the sun by people who love to hate. Jealousy is a bitch I tell 'em...

IMO the new album is great, Livia is a great addition to the group, and I absolutely found seeing the two of you together in concert as absolutely wonderful.

I'm the biggest KING fan I know here in Florida, and trust me, I'll be there when you guys come through again. Cheers to you, and to all you do for the fans!

Offline Batchelor

• Ghost of Change
  • Let Me Help You Out Of The Chair
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 07:35:13 am »
Thank You for answering my question on the Drumming and I feel glad that he is not being held back and everyone is right that the new albums just gets better and better after every listen.

HAIL THE KING  :king: :king:
18 is Actually 9

Offline Huntsm├Žnus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 07:58:54 am »
After reading about the production side to the new album, I await in more eager anticipation. I have not yet received mine. Arriving by snail mail.
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline Alexcinerator

• Banshee
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 09:04:23 am »
WoW The master was here.
Thanks for clearing things out. I'll be here at sunday that's for sure.
 \m/ \m/ \m/

Offline The Albino

• Mandrake
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 09:13:58 am »
Thanks for an explaination of the production. I was wondering what you guys did. The clarity is remarkable. I have only had a chance to listen to it twice, So far it has gotten better. Everyone has completely outdone themselves.

Get well soon!!! :king: stay heavy :king:

Offline OdinsRaven

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 09:27:08 am »
awesome to hear from the king himself, it really made my day!
personally i love the new album, every time i listen to it it gets better and better, definitely one of your best!
i also want to say that the sound quality and the clarity of all the instruments makes a major difference, being a bassist myself, i can tell you that it is all to common, especially in metal, that the bass is hardly there at all, and that king diamond is one of the few bands to have found the sweet spot where the bass does its job perfectly!
cant wait to speak with king on sunday, and i really cant wait to see him live in 2008!
keep up the amazing work, and ALL HAIL THE KING!!!! :king: \m/ :king:
"The ancient white light writings
Were just lying men and their pens
You are the same, only in black

Offline Beelzebub

• SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 10:14:32 am »
Or was that just Livia messing with us?  :fingers: Not!

I hope it all goes well on sunday with the chat. It's a real treat when bandmembers post. This will top it all.

As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 10:36:19 am »
thanks for the post King :king:

Offline Lucifers Mirror

• Victimized
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 02:16:08 pm »
Great post, King! You are the best and we love you!

My fiance was not a King Diamond fan until this week when we sat down and REALLY listened to the new cd together, with her reading the lyrics. She woke me up 3 times that night with nightmares!

She was singing along with GMYSP the next day!
Repent, Worthless Fuckers!

www.thosepoorbastards.com

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 02:23:55 pm »
I just heard that the new album is not released in Finland until 4th of July, it's not fair, I want it tomorrow. :(

Offline Enter The Crypt

• Unborn
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 02:45:39 pm »
Long live the King!

:king:

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 03:29:23 pm »
Thanks for setting the record straight king.

Keep on keeping on man I aint going anywhere!

Offline Fatal Portrait 92

• Banshee
  • http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fd/Inde
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 03:35:50 pm »
I still need to know where to go for the chat
The shadows move They're here to feed the dead ... the shadows move 'Cause there is life after death

Offline perkust

• Spirit
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 03:41:48 pm »
King!

I really hope (as all of us) that your back will be fine and we see you in action again!

STAY HEAVY!  :king:

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 04:01:10 pm »
Hello KING and many blessings & thank yous to YOU & the Band. I will be getting the new CD tomorrow, I can't wait. I have been listening to Never Ending Hill and if that song is any indication, My Goddess it must be the best album You've made so far...and that would be a huge feat to accomplish. YOu are one of My heroes, and One of my greatest Vocal inspirations. Get Well very soon, I have back problems myself and I personally know for a fact that they are no fun. I will say a blessing to the Goddess for you. Hail....and Blessed Be. :king:
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.