Author Topic: King Diamond here...  (Read 73919 times)

Offline Dagon

• Charon
  • Am I awake or is this just a dream?
Re: King Diamond here...
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 04:11:10 pm »
Great to hear from you King that was a very informative post about the new album.
Hope you get better soon.
Hail the king :king: \m/ :cool:
"Cthulhu Fhatagn"

Offline drlordbonetha3rd

• Spirit
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2007, 04:30:34 pm »
the album is awsome king.guitars,vocals everything just works.and now i got 2 copys couldnt wait for the metal blade shipment to get here,so went and bought best buys last copy tuesday.all hail tha king holla holla :king:

Offline TwilightKing

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2007, 04:45:36 pm »
Damn..I get home from work and I find this. Just Awesome. And the theme was finished too!! Talk about timing!! :D:

Thanks King and crew for a kickass grab you by the nuts album!! It is among my favorites!

Posting in an Epic Thread!!  \m/

Offline ...To the Morgue.

• Lurker From The Dark
    • https://www.facebook.com/dooms666day
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2007, 05:32:19 pm »
Thanks King for all this interesting informations.  Unfortunatly I will not able to chat Sunday cause I will "Moving on" to my new appartement.

It's a good thing that you answer to all thoses negative comments and feedback.

Keep on rocking

regard.

...To the morgue

Offline Maggotcrusher666

• You Are "9"
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2007, 05:40:23 pm »
Thanks for stopping by King.  Its always great when band members stop by but to have you hear is a real honor. :king:

Offline LOA House

• Spirit
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2007, 05:49:13 pm »
FILE LINK REMOVED
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:48:54 pm by TwilightKing »

Offline Sentient 6

• Ghost of Change
  • A subject to the Digital Dictator!!
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2007, 05:52:02 pm »
That was very informative and a true display of care towards his fans from the Man himself. :)

Thanks for a great album and get well real soon, Kim! :king:
Welcome to My Nightmare, I know you're gonna like it...I think you're gonna feel you belong!

Offline Captain

• Unborn
    • MetalReview.com
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2007, 05:54:38 pm »
It's refreshing to see an artist take so much time to put his thoughts to paper like that for his fans.  I'm really looking forward to this Sunday.  :king:

Offline danfrank

• Spirit
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2007, 06:40:21 pm »
 :king: well, first post and first day as a true member of the coven , just to comment on the album , The double bass kicks ass , best production of that aspect on any album yet ,i have been a DIAMOND fan since the beginning and its truly a blessing for you to be around some 25+ years later. Think of all the bands that have come and gone. Only the STRONG survive. Anyway , Great Album, And i look forward to seeing you opening night in the states.

Offline Eternal_Eyeballs

• Up From The Grave
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2007, 06:43:45 pm »
Good info here, just one thing I want to know...I guess it'll probably have to wait till Sunday but...

On the 8th track "Give Me Your Soul" the riff that starts at about the 0:45 mark and continues till somewhere around the 1:02 mark sounds like it's out of key (purposely, to create dissonance and tension I'm sure), but I'm not positive...what the fuck is going on in that riff?

I think it really adds to the song and kinda throws you off a bit, and it definitely makes for a scarier kind of sound, like I said I'm sure it's off key on purpose to create more tension and a dissonant kind of vibe, I do it myself sometimes too, but whose idea was it to do the riff that way? It's really fucking awesome !!!   \m/

Offline mannaroth

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2007, 06:46:54 pm »
 :king: You are the best \m/ even though I had only started listening a little over a year ago, You are still the King no matter what anyone eles thinks.  :king:
¥(^<>^)-|======> "" Johnathan laughed and said "get out of my way, .. I don't believe a word you say" the seven horsemen dissapeared into the night.

Offline Emerencios

• Unborn
  • Sine diabolo, nullus dominus.
    • Mindkaiser
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2007, 06:57:36 pm »
It's nice to see great artists taking time to explain their views to their fan base. That attitude is what makes you the King. Come to Greece again soon. We just can't wait to hear you live once more.  :king:
Oh Emerencie, where are you going with that knife?

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2007, 07:07:16 pm »
THEM Slideshow
http://www.eviltrance.com/kingdiamond/them.exe

page up/down  - change song
space  -  pause
esc  -  exit

Thanks Eviltrance!

Dude-- I loved the slide show! That was great! Did you put that together? Who did the illustrations?

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2007, 07:13:05 pm »
Never mind-- upon closer examination I found our resident Coven member Mario's sig on the illustrations. Very talented guy!

Offline LOA House

• Spirit
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 07:19:02 pm »
Them slideshow was originally from this thread-->
http://www.covenworldwide.org/CWWforum/index.php?topic=328.0

Offline bucky01403

• Victimized
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 07:53:48 pm »
Hey, King. I think its fucking awesome to see you post here. Its good to see that my idol is not a egomaniac like most rock starts today.

Congrats on the your new masterpiece, not many can say that they have pumped out so many quality albums this far in their career. You truly are the King. I have a quick question, when you say that your voice in the best shape its ever been. What are your secrets to keeping it so finely tuned? Most tend to lose their voice as they get older, Halford for example. I really hope I can get Sunday off from work so we can(hopefully chat some more, although Im sure you wont want me bugging you, youll have enough people riding your ass with questions but it would be a dream for me to talk to my idol) and more importantly I hope to see you and the guys in St. Paul, Minnesota in April.

Best of wishes and I pray for a speedy recovery for your back.

King Diamond 4/15 -

Offline blakkheart

• Banshee
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 08:22:42 pm »
All I can say is FUCKING AWESOME!!!!  King I hope your not drowning with all this rain in Dallas.  Just for your info I'm building an ark.  And charging $200 a person to escape the flood here.  But you and the band, and magic can ride for free! LOL!  just got the new cd going to check it out.  Tell everyone great job for me and I'll see you sunday and next year.  I think I'll have tea......  \m/ :king:

Offline bucky01403

• Victimized
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 08:33:37 pm »
I wonder if he is actually reading this thread. ::)

King Diamond 4/15 -

Offline TSDiamond1777

• Unborn
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2007, 08:51:44 pm »
King....

Been a fan since 1993.  When I heard Egypt for the first time, I just about lost it.  That voice.  It was an awakening for me musically.  Thank you for the opportunity to have your read fan posts and also for the chat on the 1st.  I plan on being there.  I am from Chicago and have seen you many times live and cannot wait for Mokena on 4-12-08.  Got to meet Andy and the rest in Milwaukee a few years back.  Andy was a complete gentleman.  I hope like hell you have at least 2 more albums in you because Puppet Master, and now "GMYSP" are really amazing.  For those that feel King is not evil enough?  A pity.  Black magic and butterflies not dark enough for you?  You rocked out when "one little girl with dirty fingers" played with that broken doll.  This is just another brilliant story.  The voice weakening?  "No, no, no......"  Just getting more pure like he said.  Totally believe this is a "listen-to" more than a few times.  There is plenty to miss the first time.  I'm done rambling.  Thank you for the past 26+ years of sheer musical genius.  I hope to meet you one day. 

Thanks......and get well...               ....."I'm moving on to THIS house"

Offline Azli

• Unborn
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2007, 09:36:28 pm »
HELLo King!!
all King Diamond And Mercyful Fate albums sound and looks great to me. all the solo's,effect, drum style, album's cover...till today, to me its still King Diamond. and I Believe that you (major song composer) and the other great musician will make and bring the true haunted Metal's album in the future. Many bands have lost interest for what they did inthe past. But you still stick to it, and you know, it's great. Of course there's a lil'bit new ideas and technic, but its never get too far. So, do your best. The BEST for you and me, others fan, old fans, new fans to share and enjoy your works(music, album). I never see KD/Mf live...but I really to meet you and the others great musicians. take care of your health.
Metallic regards

Azli, MALAYSIA  :king:

Offline kingdiamondbangster

• Unborn
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2007, 09:42:16 pm »
king, i love the stuff you are coming up with...my whole family listens to your music daily.my 7 yr. old son bangs follow the wolf  EVERYDAY.your music has so much emotion and i can't imagine not having the joy it brings me!! thank you so much to you and your wonderful band!!!i am so looking forward to seeing you on your north america tour .also hoping you have a speedy recovery...you are  #1 in my eyes.  

Offline WITCHING

• Unborn
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2007, 10:03:14 pm »
I've been listening to the new album almost non-stop since tuesday night, even when I'm at work, and after maybe 15 listens, I begin to agree with you, King, when you say it's your best album ever. You know, CONSPIRACY always used to be my favourite album since it came out, and THE PUPPET MASTER made me wonder if it wasn't even better, and now GIVE ME YOUR SOUL PLEASE! And being the best album is a fuckin' hard task because you created so many masterpieces in your carreer, such as, among others, THE GRAVEYARD, which is a shame nobody ever refers to this album because the emotions you did put in your vocals on this album are so chilling... just the end of I AM is certainly the most sincere vocal parts I ever heard in my life...

In other words, it's unbelievable that an artist like you who's used to make albums almost every year or so since the last 20 years continue to make killer albums like these who are constantly better than everything else. Usually with bands that are active since a decade or two, their golden years are behind them, but it seems it just won't go away for you! Take IRON MAIDEN by example, I'm a big fan, and I think the last album is pretty good, but I think it could never beat SEVENTH SON by example... Know what I mean...

So keep up the great work, you always brought to your fans the best albums ever. And don't worry, your work hasn't been made in vain for this album, it's a future classic, there's absolutely not a single doubt to me. The melodies are killer, the best ones you and Andy ever created. Be proud, you really deserves it!

Take good care King, and I'm impatient to see you on the next tour on next April 7th in Quebec City (and possibly the day before in Montreal as well!)

-Andy Allen

PS, I'm the guy who wrote your biography on the website. It hasn't been uploaded in whole yet even though I sent it in August 2006, but anyway I'll print a little book of it especially for you when you'll be in town (I'm still working updating it and always adding details!)   :king:
Long live the King!

Offline Raven

• Black Devil
    • Beyond Eternal
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2007, 10:09:36 pm »
Wow, Thanks for taking the time to humble us with your presence King.
 :king:
"Now I hear deceiving lying tongues...never have I done no harm to anyone..."

Offline dvall

• Unborn
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2007, 10:53:49 pm »
thanks King for another kick ass!!! album  :king:  \m/ \m/
can't wait to see you in calgary. get well soon.
HAIL TO THE KING :king: :king:

Offline BlackDiamond

• Witches' Eye
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2007, 11:20:56 pm »
Of course it's never cool to find out that not everyone of our fans enjoy what we feel is our strongest ever, but I guess it's extremely hard to please everybody's taste. So for those of you who have stated disappointment, maybe the next album will give you more of the entertainment style that you're after if you hang around 'till then.

While I may not care for the new album (or TPM) of course I'd stick around simply for the fact that you did indeed put out many many albums that I love. I think it's very difficult (as an artist) to be in the business of writing music and having a fan like every single thing you put out. Tastes change and so on...I still bought the album and I'll still go to your shows. I'll still wear your band shirts!

One posting stated that Livia and I sing a lot simultaneously on the new album, and that she sings all the high parts because my voice can't do what it used to do.
ANSWER: First of all there is not one single spot on this new album where Livia and I sing at the same time, whether in harmony or not, unlike what we did on The Puppet Master album.

I think I was the only one that said this and I didn't state it to sound like fact (about your voice), I was just trying to think of a logical reason for the lack of falsettos on your later albums. Although, honestly (and I'm really trying not to sound like a jerk when I say this!), but it really sounded like Livia on those backing vocals but I guess it was just your voice layered which either way, I'm not crazy about that choir-like sound. Sorry. Just don't like it. All a matter of taste.

I'm still looking forward to what you'll come up with in the future. Can't wait 'til you feel well again and can tour. Both my boyfriend and I agreed that when we saw your last tour, we were blown away with how great your voice sounded and how true the live show stayed to the albums.

Oh god, am I turning into the forum troll? Holy crap, this can't be happening.... :(
Kiss the lil Demon...