Author Topic: Sorry, but these are NOT REAL DRUMS regardless of what KING says...  (Read 47881 times)

Offline Roddoliver

• Unclean Spirit
  • My head, it hurts!! Oooooohhhhhhhh it HURTS!!!!!!
Re: Sorry, but these are NOT REAL DRUMS regardless of what KING says...
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2007, 03:42:57 pm »
Well, no matter if they are real drums or not. You will never get a confession. Matt will swear that we hear real drums. You will keep saying they are fake drums. It is possible that these are programmed drums if you look at the cost reduction perspective. But by saying that you will only annoy Matt and the fans, who seem not to care much about how drums got recorded. I personally like Mikkey's drumming style a lot, it has intense handwork, he uses the cymbals and hats very well. The drums on latest albums do sound more robotic, just with great footwork. But it does not prove that the drums are programmed. I believe many bands use programmed drums but they will never admit it. I cannot say for sure that King Diamond programs his drums. Only a band member could do that. Matt will say 'no', you will say 'yes', and we are getting nowhere. All I can say is that I miss the older records' drums. They were more intense and exciting. It is up to Matt to change this and blow us all away.
WHEN THERE IS NO MORE ROOM IN HELL, THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH

Offline TeazR

• Unclean Spirit
  • Above and beyond
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2007, 03:43:21 pm »

Every one of your points has already been addressed in this thread.  I suggest reading the entire thread competently as asking the same thing 4 pages late kinda makes you look like you don't follow through completely on things.

Maybe you should follow your own rule then? Matt's said several times already that he played the drums himself, yet still you keep coming back..?

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2007, 03:46:54 pm »
Well, no matter if they are real drums or not. You will never get a confession. Matt will swear that we hear real drums. You will keep saying they are fake drums. It is possible that these are programmed drums if you look at the cost reduction perspective. But by saying that you will only annoy Matt and the fans, who seem not to care much about how drums got recorded. I personally like Mikkey's drumming style a lot, it has intense handwork, he uses the cymbals and hats very well. The drums on latest albums do sound more robotic, just with great footwork. But it does not prove that the drums are programmed. I believe many bands use programmed drums but they will never admit it. I cannot say for sure that King Diamond programs his drums. Only a band member could do that. Matt will say 'no', you will say 'yes', and we are getting nowhere. All I can say is that I miss the older records' drums. They were more intense and exciting. It is up to Matt to change this and blow us all away.

You have been one of the only open-minded posters on this entire thread.  I agree with you, except it is up to KING to change this and "blow us away."  Matt's ability is AMAZING.  Have you heard his other band Batcastle?  "Let's Get Possessed" is GREAT fun...and amazing REAL drums!  The REAL Matt's talent.

I only respond still on this thread in response to what others type. 

Offline Ahh, Conspiracy

• Just A Shadow
  • ...I even took the axe away...
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2007, 03:50:26 pm »
Quote from: Spooky Bat
I only respond still on this thread in response to what others type. 

You keep ignoring the more important posts... for example from a recording musican for over 25 yrs..  ::)
Maybe YOU should try reading the entire thread competently  :fingers:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 03:53:00 pm by Ahh, Conspiracy »
:king:

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2007, 03:53:02 pm »
You keep ignoring the more important posts... for example from a recording musican for over 25 yrs..  ::)

Again, you proved your merit quite early on in this thread.  You can't have intelligent dialogue with boi's.  I dismissed that notion long ago.

Offline NightProwler

• Holy Shrine
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2007, 03:54:24 pm »
man this topic ain't going nowhere...

both sides are not going to change their statements. lock it up and that's it!

Offline Ahh, Conspiracy

• Just A Shadow
  • ...I even took the axe away...
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2007, 03:55:43 pm »
Again, you proved your merit quite early on in this thread.  You can't have intelligent dialogue with boi's.  I dismissed that notion long ago.

Again, would you be so kind and explain to me exactly WHY i am a fanboy? or will you ignore the question again?
:king:

Offline -lg-

• "Grandma"
  • It's a bool! A bad-gunky blood-bool!
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2007, 03:56:28 pm »
Has anyone who jumped on the boi-bandwagon here even LISTENED to the parts and examples I listed? 
You do realize that you're posting seemingly derogatory messages (and just because you say "no disrespect," the disclaimer does not negate the result) inside of the King Diamond FANCLUB, yes?  This isn't Juilliard, and no one is here is to critique a doctoral dissertation on why technological advances in the music industry may truly be departures disguised in expensive circuitry.  The fact of the matter is, the people here (myself included) are here because we're fans of the King Diamond band and their releases.  If . . . IF . . . the drums are truly the result of a machine as you say, and that's the way the band wanted it released, then that's the way it should be.  Who is anyone who isn't King Diamond (or in the band) to decide how their albums should be released?  How can someone who isn't in the band denote where the mistakes lie?  If it is not your art, then you have no business pointing out the supposed flaws in the art, because you were not the mind behind it, even if you think should have been.  You don't have to agree with, or like, the tools used, that is your right as a fan.  You don't have to agree with, or like, the "advances" in music technology, that is your right as someone who works in the music industry (I believe that is what you said--you're not a drummer but you record).  None of these positions make you, or me, or anyone, capable of pointing out where any mistakes lie, as we were not behind the creation of this art.

However, all this aside, I believe that Matt did indeed drum on the album.  I don't think he's in such a bad state where he would need to lie about what he does or does not do in a band.  I also believe that he does have integrity, and feels strongly about his artistry, and would not stay in a band that would ask him to put his name on something he did not do, something that you think he should recognize as beneath him. 

As a writer, if someone asked me to put my name on something to be published--to give the appearance of a joint effort--when my pen had never touched the paper to be seen by the masses, I would not.  I don't need that, I don't think Matt does either.

This, I'm sure, will not convince you of anything.  And, for your defense, feel free to roll your eyes and peg me as someone else to jump on the "boi-bandwagon" (how eloquent).  Your opinion of me has no baring on my existence; my opinion of your approach to this subject should, and I'm sure will, have the same effect on you.  That's all fine and good.  Your hypothesis is just that:  a hypothesis, an educated guess.  You may have training behind your reasoning, but you are lacking the concrete proof to back it up.  I give you credit for your reasoning and arguments; I detract a few points for the antagonist approach . . . of course, I mean no disrespect. 

I agree this argument is futile, the topic should just be closed.

If Matt drums in the Maartin's forest, and no one is around to hear him . . . does he make a sound?  :gah: 

Offline Tuwin

• Global Moderator
  • 18 is actually 9
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2007, 03:57:19 pm »
Matt Said they are real drums so they are real drums. What is the point of having the band members post if you are not going to believe them anyways?

If they were programmed drums i am sure he would say because why the hell would he care anyways? they are making good music they are not egotistical asshole musicians. If they programmed the drums matt would say yes i programmed the drums and they kicked ass. Get over it