Author Topic: Sorry, but these are NOT REAL DRUMS regardless of what KING says...  (Read 45954 times)

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
Re: Sorry, but these are NOT REAL DRUMS regardless of what KING says...
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 11:43:11 am »
And again, if you don't CARE that they are programmed...how would you feel if the guitar solos were programmed as well?  

as long as they pulled it off live who cares.You know that andy and mike can play it.

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 11:45:19 am »
As was yours... "I've done this and that so many years blaah blaah, you don't know nothing I know everything" ::)

I merely stated what I did in response to someone's questions or instigations.  I never stated, "You don't know nothing I know everything."  I was merely providing my basis; otherwise, my merit would be questionable.  I don't profess to know everything; however, when I DO know something which I have learned through experience and gained knowledge, then yes, I will offer that insight.

And, again, don't EVER expect to hear King, Matt, or ANYONE involved ever admit to such travesty...remember, it took King years to admit that "The Eye" wasn't real drums, and then half-assed it and stated, "Oh, but he was playing an electronic kit."  Sorry, King...that hurt your credibility there.  NO human could play as bad as the programmed drums on "The Eye."  

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 11:47:25 am »
FanbOi? ehm.. ya.. ok.. so.. ahh..
That fanboy crap is for 14-year olds, so fuck off.

I believe you've shown your intelligence and proof of merit right there.  No need to further consider what you type.  Thank you for proving yourself further.  Next.

Offline Magistralium

• Banshee
  • Form itself is emptiness; emptiness itself is form
    • Viraga
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 11:51:33 am »
I believe you've shown your intelligence and proof of merit right there.  No need to further consider what you type.  Thank you for proving yourself further.  Next.
Big egos come with small penises..  ::)

Calm down.
What you think you can hold as your own
Will be taken away

Offline Maiden Jersey

• Become Earth
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 11:54:20 am »
This will be my last post in this thread. I think most fans dont care if King had a animatronic monkey on drums guitar or bass. As long as the band can pull it off live thats all that matters IMHO. Why you would nit-pick every note is beyond me, this is fake and thats fake. I like a band because the music sounds good, I dont give a shit how they did it. Hey if thats what your about so be it.

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 11:54:28 am »
Oh...and another funny piece of evidence toward the fake drums:  what's amazingly laughable is the way sometimes King forgets to omit the programmed hi-hat (or at least change the sample to a "closed foot" sound) at times when both the snare and a cymbal hit at the same time.  How on earth can a real drummer hit the hi-hat, snare, and cymbal at the SAME EXACT point in time when he only has two hands?  If he did it with his foot on the hi-hat, it would SOUND different than the standard stick-hit hi-hat sound throughout the rest of the song, but it doesn't.  Just listen to the opening drums on "Is Anybody Here?" and try not to laugh incredulously.  Listen to the hilarious programming mistake just after the last drum roll in the song "Black of Night."  It's entertaining, that's for sure.

Another FUN programming error to listen for is the double hi-hat program (forgot to turn off one of two hi-hat tracks) in "The Cellar."  Whoopsies!!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:52:50 pm by Spooky Bat »

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 11:56:44 am »
This will be my last post in this thread. I think most fans dont care if King had a animatronic monkey on drums guitar or bass. As long as the band can pull it off live thats all that matters IMHO. Why you would nit-pick every note is beyond me, this is fake and thats fake. I like a band because the music sounds good, I dont give a shit how they did it. Hey if thats what your about so be it.

Yes, some people truly don't care about the QUALITY of recorded music.  This trend has been evidenced as well by other things such as crappy MP3 sound quality, Ipod's, cheezy CGI movie effects, and digitally assembled computer made "music."

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 12:04:05 pm »
HEY! Spooky,let the others buy the new album and then we talk(or shoot,depends) 'til then,just WAIT!
Or just after we clear this with the bandmates.Because if it's like you say "you can hear it clear" then they'll have no choice but to say it's true...but still...we wait
 :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:06:34 pm by Countess De La Fey »
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 12:05:46 pm »
Again, you don't need to listen to the new album to hear what I'm talking about.  It's the same program used for the two albums prior as well. 

Offline Rey Diamante

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 12:58:00 pm »
who cares .. the album sounds great
"In reality there has only been one Christian, and he died on the cross."

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 12:58:17 pm »
First,you don't know FOR SURE that they used a drum machine. Second, King Diamond HAS CHANGED. You can't compare TPM with Fatal Portrait.Fatal Portrait has the 80s sound that many bands have lost nowadays because of the new tehnology.
I don't want to sound bitchy but you're not even a drummer.If you were somewhere near Matt's skills,then maybe I would have listened.Maybe the sounds of the tamburine you hear are sounds made from other drums.Or an addition to the drums sound. Like at the beginning of the song 'Voodoo'.
I have listened to TPM and after that some Abby,and believe me it's ALMOST the same.I didn't say perfectly the same because on the first albums,like Kim said, there was very much compression. Maybe THAT's the problem.Or maybe not.
I am not going to state pro or contrar until I hear the new album.
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline waxhall

• Spirit
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 01:05:40 pm »
Spooky Bat just wants King to hire him for the next album to produce drums... Hehe... A joke.  :fingers:

Do you really care about, m8, when you eat genetically modified food ingredients?

The album is a KILLER - that's a point. Anything else is not important IMHO....  :cool:

Offline EmperorPalpatine

• Mandrake
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 01:06:32 pm »
It is rather rude post here. Seems like accusation and disrespect to musicions from you Spooky Bat. And to aggressive. I understand it is your opinion here, but it sounds like to arrogant expression.

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 01:11:27 pm »
First,you don't know FOR SURE that they used a drum machine. Second, King Diamond HAS CHANGED. You can't compare TPM with Fatal Portrait.Fatal Portrait has the 80s sound that many bands have lost nowadays because of the new tehnology.
I don't want to sound bitchy but you're not even a drummer.If you were somewhere near Matt's skills,then maybe I would have listened.Maybe the sounds of the tamburine you hear are sounds made from other drums.Or an addition to the drums sound. Like at the beginning of the song 'Voodoo'.
I have listened to TPM and after that some Abby,and believe me it's ALMOST the same.I didn't say perfectly the same because on the first albums,like Kim said, there was very much compression. Maybe THAT's the problem.Or maybe not.
I am not going to state pro or contrar until I hear the new album.

It's hard to respond to this.

I NEVER stated that a drum machine was used.  Read competently.  A drum machine was used on "The Eye." 

Who compared anything to Fatal Portrait?  I'm not talking about the SOUND or TONE of the drums or the recording.  It's the PLAYING (and LACK thereof).  No one wants the reverb sound of the mid-80's back.  But, we DO want instruments to be ACTUALLY played.  The drum SOUND on "Them" for instance leaves a LOT to be desired.  But the actual PLAYING is MASTERFUL!!!  You don't get it.

"Maybe the sounds of the tamborine were made from other drums."  HUH???  It's called a click-track.  Look it up. 

"Maybe it's the compression."  WTF???  Compression has NOTHING to do with the way in which drums are programmed on a computer.  Wow.

Offline Magistralium

• Banshee
  • Form itself is emptiness; emptiness itself is form
    • Viraga
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 01:11:48 pm »
who cares .. the album sounds great
Amen to that.

And IF someone wishes to use computers to portrait one's musical visions, then fine. So what?

"This should have been done this way or that way" -bullshit is useless, if not talking about one's own productions. Opinions can be expressed of course, but why make a fuss of it? Why not saying that "I think this sounds like a machine to me, don't like it, think I'll listen something else instead", and leave it?

Do - and present yourselves - as you please, of course. This was just my opinion to this case, nothing more.

Peace.
What you think you can hold as your own
Will be taken away

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2007, 01:14:06 pm »
It is rather rude post here. Seems like accusation and disrespect to musicions from you Spooky Bat. And to aggressive. I understand it is your opinion here, but it sounds like to arrogant expression.

Again, responses like these were expected. 

Not opinion...an opinion would be to comment on something subjective, such as the tone of the guitar or the way the songs are arranged.  However, crediting a drummer with something that was programmed is not an "opinion" if you can't hear the difference.

However, what I did NOT expect was so many people to have the "I don't care if it's fake" attitude.  I guess that's why Ipod's are killing actual CD's.  No one cares about integrity and quality anymore.

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2007, 01:20:03 pm »
BTW...currently listening to the hysterically programmed drums on "Moving On."  Listen to that mistakenly recorded hi-hat.  Whoopsies again!  There are two hi-hat tracks.  Rather impossible for a drummer to do.  And, listen to those silly cymbals during the quiet middle section.  It's quite comical, now that I listen more closely. 

Too bad, because the album otherwise is pretty damn good.  Just imagine if Matt was on it!  This would absolutely kill.  It'll probably SLAM live. 

Offline maarten.

• NCS Team
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2007, 01:26:19 pm »
However, what I did NOT expect was so many people to have the "I don't care if it's fake" attitude.  I guess that's why Ipod's are killing actual CD's.  No one cares about integrity and quality anymore.
well, if i would have heard the difference, then i would have cared about it. :P

but i can follow your point, i have the same thing with drawings. i like a handdrawed art ten times more then a computerart. even if there are some minor faults in the handdrawed art, it still has that soul of the artist in it, that's something i haven't seen in a computerartwork yet

Neffie's penguin's

Offline EmperorPalpatine

• Mandrake
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2007, 01:28:51 pm »
It will be realy interesing if Matt can comment on that!

Offline maarten.

• NCS Team
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2007, 01:31:24 pm »
i hope he will, 'cause i'm really curious about it

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2007, 01:31:39 pm »
I guess my point is that it shouldn't be HIDDEN that they are programmed...much more credence would be given if in the credits it stated "Drums programmed by so and so."  But, alas, in the realms of metal, that would be absolute heresy and old schoolers would be hung out to dry.  You can't change old ways of thinking...kinda like the guy in the Camaro with the Mullet listening to Van Halen thinking he's cool and "hip."  The metal community will never admit to programming, but will skirt the issue by stating other excuses..."The drums WERE played, but we sync'd it with ProTools and replaced the sounds with samples" or "He played an electronic kit" or "The drums were live but we inserted click tracks and other things to fix mistakes, that's how it's done nowadays" all of which are just lame attempts to pull the wool over their clients' (record buyers') eyes to prevent what they perceive will be a backlash.  I argue that it's worse to LIE.

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2007, 01:33:42 pm »
i hope he will, 'cause i'm really curious about it

Trust me, you will hear EVERY excuse if King or Matt or ANYONE INVOLVED reply.  They would NEVER own up to programming entire albums of drums.  This is their livelihood; they're not going to risk it.  Don't expect any admission (besides the blaming on ProTools that I've already predicted).

Offline Ahh, Conspiracy

• Just A Shadow
  • ...I even took the axe away...
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2007, 01:37:30 pm »
Well, it's gonna be VERY interesting when Matt gets here.. i bet you'll run away like a little baby when he does.
:king:

Offline maarten.

• NCS Team
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2007, 01:40:37 pm »
Trust me, you will hear EVERY excuse if King or Matt or ANYONE INVOLVED reply.  They would NEVER own up to programming entire albums of drums.  This is their livelihood; they're not going to risk it.  Don't expect any admission (besides the blaming on ProTools that I've already predicted).

well, you see the reactions here, most people don't give a shit who played the drums, as long as Matt plays them live it's all fine with us. and please, most metalheads aren't that narrowminded (well, at least not the ones i know)

Neffie's penguin's

Offline EmperorPalpatine

• Mandrake
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2007, 01:41:14 pm »
It seems like it will be impossible to proof you anything Spooky Bat