Author Topic: Sorry, but these are NOT REAL DRUMS regardless of what KING says...  (Read 45913 times)

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
Re: Sorry, but these are NOT REAL DRUMS regardless of what KING says...
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2007, 01:43:10 pm »
Well, it's gonna be VERY interesting when Matt gets here.. i bet you'll run away like a little baby when he does.

They will probably ban me.  That's what I expect.  Because I don't back down when I have a point that has been well learned.  As I stated, the programming of these drums will never be outright admitted.  

It's much easier to HEAR what I am talking about when you take off the fanboi hat.  It helps.  

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2007, 01:46:47 pm »
Well, whether or not Spooky Bat is a genius at discovering drum programming on a music album really isn't my concern. It's just that these are his first posts here on this forum. And the whole thread seem like it is a direct response from the King himself. It's very contradictory to what King Diamond fans want hear. Also, it might feel like an attack on the king himself. Although, I'm sure Sppoky Bat won't see it like that nor King himself. It's just that this is a King Diamond forum. And such criticism so early after the new release seems a bit...harsh and superfluous. It's one thing to say that NEH sounds familiar to both Painkiller and The Storm, but to immediately respond to a certain part in King's post seems very antagonistic...
Resistance is inadvisable...

Offline BAAL

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2007, 01:48:36 pm »
I'm just wondering what his motivation is on even making these claims....

BAAL

Offline Ahh, Conspiracy

• Just A Shadow
  • ...I even took the axe away...
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2007, 01:49:22 pm »
So tell me what makes me a fanbOiiii? yeah, give me all the juicy details.. pretty please?  :( 

:fingers:
:king:

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2007, 01:51:02 pm »
well, you see the reactions here, most people don't give a shit who played the drums, as long as Matt plays them live it's all fine with us. and please, most metalheads aren't that narrowminded (well, at least not the ones i know)

Apparently, people DO care, as evidenced by King's own ADDRESSING of the questionable "drums" on this album, as well as the decades long wish for the return of Mikkey Dee by fans worldwide on forums (and it's not because of ANY sort of inabilty of Matt, who's an amazing drummer, but because of the LACK OF HUMAN EMOTION in the programmed drum tracks).  Something's up. That means that people DO, as you state, "give a shit."

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2007, 01:53:49 pm »
Mikkey Dee ain't returning. Give it a rest! And I thought I was still stuck in the 80s...

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2007, 01:55:55 pm »
I also expected people wondering what my "intent" was.  

I bought this album the second it came out; the only copy Circuit City had.  I paid hard earned money for it.  And, I LIKE it.  I like the last two as well.  However, since I PAID MONEY for this album, I have EVERY RIGHT to state ANY THING I WISH about it.  

And, the third album of cheezy programmed drums was the breaking point for me.  So, I voiced my disgust at the dumbing down and advancing human-less trend of recording music which is SUCKING the life out of it.  

Intent.

Offline Teabag

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2007, 01:58:38 pm »
Spooky, I find it funny how you are analyzing every note to discern if it is fake or real.  It's funny to me that by doing this, are you really hearing the rest of the music or are you just so fixated on that one aspect of the recording.  Music is music to me, it doesn't matter how and what they used to make it as long as I enjoy it.

If this is such a problem with you, you may never enjoy music now and in the future.  The introduction of new technologies will always alter the way in which music will be created and recorded.

I respect your opinion and your post is indeed interesting, but why are you acting with so much hostility towards King, Matt, and other members posting here?

Offline BAAL

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2007, 01:59:42 pm »
...ok...we got the point, now take a long walk off a short bridge.  :fingers:

BAAL

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2007, 01:59:55 pm »
Mikkey Dee ain't returning. Give it a rest! And I thought I was still stuck in the 80s...

I KNEW you would read what I posted COMPLETELY incorrectly.  I predicted it as I typed it.  I NEVER STATED that I wanted Mikkey Dee to return.  I pointed out the fact that TONS OF PEOPLE talk about it.  I NEVER stated that I agree.  I pointed out the fact that people bring up concerns regarding the "drums" of recent King albums, and used people's talk of a Mikkey Dee return AS AN EXAMPLE.  

I overestimated your comprehension skills.

Offline mobrules

• Band
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2007, 02:01:41 pm »
Wow!

First, thanks for the compliments (there are some).

Second, I promise I played those parts. Double, triple promise. They are not programmed.

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2007, 02:03:18 pm »
Spooky, I find it funny how you are analyzing every note to discern if it is fake or real.  It's funny to me that by doing this, are you really hearing the rest of the music or are you just so fixated on that one aspect of the recording.  Music is music to me, it doesn't matter how and what they used to make it as long as I enjoy it.

If this is such a problem with you, you may never enjoy music now and in the future.  The introduction of new technologies will always alter the way in which music will be created and recorded.

I respect your opinion and your post is indeed interesting, but why are you acting with so much hostility towards King, Matt, and other members posting here?

First off, yes, as I type on this forum today I AM listening to specifically the drums.  How else would I garner evidence to support what I state?  Duh.

And, one does NOT have to "analyze every note to discern if it is fake or real."  It's SO easy to tell, that careful analysis actually isn't required, but I figured I'd cover all my bases...so yes, on this particular listen, I am pointing things out.  

And, I have no hostility toward Matt or King.  I stated I thought it was a damn good album, that Matt is an amazing drummer, and that this album will slam live.  Again, reading competently is the key.

Offline Maya Magdalena

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Vix
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2007, 02:05:13 pm »
Thank you, Matt for those words, and thank you Spooky Smth for making crowds pissed and confused. In weird ways ppl search for their excitements...
All your base are belong to us.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2007, 02:07:08 pm »
Wow!

Second, I promise I played those parts. Double, triple promise. They are not programmed.
It''s a hell of a compliment, if someone thinks you're a computer program.  :) :gah:

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2007, 02:08:28 pm »
Wow!

Somehow, I was expecting a more forceful response with actual evidence.  This doesn't cut it.  I think Matt is actually more skilled than Dee (judging by actual LIVE playing) but I just wish we would be able to hear Matt's actual ability on a recording.  

And Matt...thanks for promising!  I like the way you play the two hi-hat parts, double bass, snare hits, and cymbal hits at the exact same moment in time with your third hand.  I've never seen a drummer who can hit a hi-hat, a snare, a ride, and another 2nd hi-hat at the exact same time with two arms.

Offline CorpseWithoutASoul

• Mad Arab
  • Heaven or Hell... where are we now?
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2007, 02:10:19 pm »
I don't even want to get involved in this arguement as I am not a trained musician by trade so I really wouldn't know what I was talking about.

I just wanted to say that I agree with those who state that the methods of execution are not nearly as important as the finished product. As long as it comes out awesomely, I could care less how it got there. That doesn't mean that I don't care about the quality because if I dig the result than IT IS QUALITY.

Offline mobrules

• Band
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2007, 02:11:22 pm »
I'll ignore that you just called me a liar...can you give me a specific example of where you hear me playing those things at the same time?

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2007, 02:13:23 pm »
I'll ignore that you just called me a liar...can you give me a specific example of where you hear me playing those things at the same time?

Well, it is nearly constant throughout the album....at this very second I'm listening to "Cold As Ice."  For more examples, see posts throughout this thread. 

And, PLEASE...get rid of that tamborine/hi-hat click track.  You are SO much above this.

Offline Maiden Jersey

• The mother of postwhores!
  • Become Earth
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2007, 02:13:43 pm »

Somehow, I was expecting a more forceful response with actual evidence.  This doesn't cut it.  I think Matt is actually more skilled than Dee (judging by actual LIVE playing) but I just wish we would be able to hear Matt's actual ability on a recording.  

And Matt...thanks for promising!  I like the way you play the two hi-hat parts, double bass, snare hits, and cymbal hits at the exact same moment in time with your third hand.  I've never seen a drummer who can hit a hi-hat, a snare, a ride, and another 2nd hi-hat at the exact same time with two arms.

omfg what THE FUCK! CRACK KILLS.

Offline Huntsmænus

• King Of Pain
  • Putrefaction
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2007, 02:13:47 pm »
I KNEW you would read what I posted COMPLETELY incorrectly.  I predicted it as I typed it.  I NEVER STATED that I wanted Mikkey Dee to return.  I pointed out the fact that TONS OF PEOPLE talk about it.  I NEVER stated that I agree.  I pointed out the fact that people bring up concerns regarding the "drums" of recent King albums, and used people's talk of a Mikkey Dee return AS AN EXAMPLE. 

I overestimated your comprehension skills.

You're the stuck record. You keep name dropping Mikkey Dee, Mikkey Dee, Mikkey Dee. If only he played like Mikkey Dee. Oh, then everything would be heavenly...

::)

Offline BAAL

• Ghost of Change
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2007, 02:16:14 pm »
Christ on a cracker!  The man comes in and tells you he played the drum parts and SB calls him a liar.  Don't waste your time, Matt.  

You guys are the most open band I know of.  Taking your time to come and post with the fans.  HAIL!

BAAL

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2007, 02:17:45 pm »
You're the stuck record. You keep name dropping Mikkey Dee, Mikkey Dee, Mikkey Dee. If only he played like Mikkey Dee. Oh, then everything would be heavenly...

::)

Again, judging by the live shows, I prefer Matt.  He can nail the Mikkey Dee parts, and has his own amazing style on the other material...LIVE.  What other drummer would you LIKE me to "name-drop?"  Since I used Mikkey Dee as an example, he was the only other drummer I found in my examples to back up what I stated.  No one is calling for the return of any other drummer, so why would I bring up anyone else?  You don't have the ability to ascertain as to why Mr. Dee's name was brought up; it was merely as an example.  

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2007, 02:20:06 pm »
I correctly predicted what the response would be (i.e., it would be denied), and I called NO ONE a liar.  I understand (and posted) exactly why the response would be exactly as it was. 

Offline mobrules

• Band
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2007, 02:21:35 pm »
Well...I'm impressed by your passion on the subject.

I've already commented on why the parts are as they are. This is a very different musical situation from the 80's.

But dude, you are just wrong. I played the parts. In a studio. When I listen to the cd, I hear what I played (aside from the tamborine). There are two hi-hats, on on my left, one on my right, maybe that is confusing you?

Offline Spooky Bat

• Catacomb Crawler
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2007, 02:24:00 pm »
Also, in response to an earlier question, around the 2 minute mark of "Is Anybody Here" has evidence of the "three armed" (and sometimes four armed) drum tracks.