Author Topic: HERE IT IS BLADES OWN PERSONAL VIEW ON GIVE ME YOUR SOUL...PLEASE  (Read 6261 times)

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
Well boys and girls, I said give me a few times of listening to the new album and I would give my 0wn full review.

Well we all know what the cover looks like. At first glance you may think that is kinda wierd for a KING cover. That is because it isn't a gothic painting of some sort, but the cover is perfect for this album. The back jewel case cover is a larger version with track listing. It is the back cover seen on the booklet that I love. Magic's face with the KING logo as a ghost image between his eyes...and reflected in his eyes...the little girl in the bloody dress. Amazing, just loved it. I also like the booklet lay out, great pictures of the band both on stage and studio shot. The picture under the tray in the inlay is a great shot with the added bonus of the bats from the logo.All in all I like this cover much more than The Puppet Master.

Now The sound of the album. Over all I thought the album sounded like classic KING as well as classic Metal. there are some great guitar work here, and the vocals are the most inspired and through the roof fantastic. I have not heard this from KING in awhile. The hype for the album was out done by the album. The opening is classic KING and really sets the mood. Of course Never Ending Hill is a great rocker that even my daughter was impressed with...trust me she is finicky. Is Anybody Here is a song that holds up well and further sets the mood as the album starts to turn a little darker..then Black of Night. I love this chorus it just kicks. Mirror Mirror should clear up some of the questions that has been asked about the cover, and I love the last words in the song. The Cellar...is it even possible to not like "mine,mine,mine,mine...give me your soul please". Pictures in Red is a creepy little interlude worthy of the KING name, and then the title track is just haunting and the ending is freaky.It took me a bit to warm up to the feel of The Floating Head...but it does grow on you quick if for no other reason than a kick ass guitar intro. My favorite track is Cold as Ice. KING really shows that his falsetto is still well intact with "and so am IIIIII" Then the chorus just haunts you, you can't stop listening to it. and that Ace Frehleyish guitar stutter is fucking incredible. Shapes of Black is little whined down,but you kinda need that after Cold as Ice, i love the part about the black Moth in the flame, as a matter of fact there are all these little refernces to past albums on this album, gotta love it. The girl in the Bloody Dress. tells the past story of the girl and her brother well. To anwer a question from another thread, the little boy was wronfully accused by the jury, something that sometimes actually happens in real life, he was sent to hell by mistake. Moving ON...I like the accoustic guitar parts and KING and LIVIA sound so good together. It is amazing how she can sound beautiful and evil at the same time. The song ends the album litteraly with YOU. THIS HOUSE!!!
All in all I think that this album is up there with THEM, ABIGAIL AND 9. It may be the best one yet! I know it is now in my top 2, and fighting well for number 1. Oh and for the little bugger who talked about electronic drums, and the feelings of a real drummer not being there as his proof. Dude you need to go have your ears checked if you can't hear all of the little drum parts on this album.
My Grade for GIVE ME YOUR SOUL...PLEASE?   AAA+....KING, LIVIA, MAGIC, & BAND..YOU GUYS & GAL, OUT DID YOURSELF!!!!! :king: :D \m/
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline camarochick

• Superpostwhore
  • Toward the Unknown
Re: HERE IT IS BLADES OWN PERSONAL VIEW ON GIVE ME YOUR SOUL...PLEASE
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 09:18:33 pm »
Agreed.  I am very pleased, and I am very hard to please.  :king:

Offline The Albino

• Mandrake
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:46:30 am »
Well I was gonna give my own review but you said it quite well.

The thing that gets me is everyone saying that they story makes no sense. At first it did the same to me but after the the second time through it clicked. Now everything makes perfect sense.  :king:

This album is way up on the list. It is in a 3 way tie with Them and Abigail. \m/

It just gets better everytime I hear it. :cool:

Offline The Dark

• Unclean Spirit
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 11:20:56 am »
You said it, Blade. This album deserves to be called a MASTERPIECE! \m/
Who's to say what's living in the Darkness?

Offline Nefarious_Priest

• Superpostwhore
  • One of the TYRANTS!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 11:30:15 am »
and I am very hard to please.  :king:

Hmmm is that so.

Nice review Blade, i can't believe i still haven't got this album yet. Sometime in the next few days i should be getting it.
\m/ Abbath \m/ \m/ Demonaz \m/ \m/ Horgh \m/
[IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/nefarious_p

Offline bladestone9

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 01:34:57 pm »
Hmmm is that so.

Nice review Blade, i can't believe i still haven't got this album yet. Sometime in the next few days i should be getting it.
Lad I hope you do, because you are in for a mind blowing feast!!! It is a simple little ghost story, like around the camp fire, Yeah 3 way tie possibly the best ever....I wake up with the songs in my head.

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 04:19:54 pm »
Oh and for the little bugger who talked about electronic drums, and the feelings of a real drummer not being there as his proof. Dude you need to go have your ears checked if you can't hear all of the little drum parts on this album.

The more I listen to the album, the more I tend to believe what that guy was saying.  Many of the fills and cymbal hits follow the exact same patterns.  I love The Eye, drums and all, so it doesn't really bother me....but as a musician, it's pretty obvious to me that if it's not a drum machine, there's some heavy triggering or sampling going on at the very least.

Offline bladestone9

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 04:45:57 pm »
The more I listen to the album, the more I tend to believe what that guy was saying.  Many of the fills and cymbal hits follow the exact same patterns.  I love The Eye, drums and all, so it doesn't really bother me....but as a musician, it's pretty obvious to me that if it's not a drum machine, there's some heavy triggering or sampling going on at the very least.

Read the interview with KING about how the drums were done...and I dont think they follow the same pattern...From my undedrstanding Matt mixed several different drum peices for each song

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 06:22:41 pm »
All I know is that I've spent a lot of time programming drums, and those fills and cymbals are just too reminiscent of a machine.  I'm not trying to rehash the argument because A) programmed drums don't bother me that much, and B) I pretty much hate the new album anyway.  All I'm trying to point out is that there might be some merit to what that guy was saying.

Offline bladestone9

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 06:35:22 pm »
All I know is that I've spent a lot of time programming drums, and those fills and cymbals are just too reminiscent of a machine.  I'm not trying to rehash the argument because A) programmed drums don't bother me that much, and B) I pretty much hate the new album anyway.  All I'm trying to point out is that there might be some merit to what that guy was saying.
Just curoius...is there anything you DO like...I've read a couple of your posts and they're all negative about KING in some way...what did He do..sleep with you Mom?

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 06:39:51 pm »
Just curoius...is there anything you DO like...I've read a couple of your posts and they're all negative about KING in some way...what did He do..sleep with you Mom?

Don't be an idiot.  I'm just as big a fan as anyone here and I don't have to explain anything to you.

Offline bladestone9

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 06:41:11 pm »
No you don't...but do you have anything posative to say about anything?

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 06:43:35 pm »
No you don't...but do you have anything posative to say about anything?

Yes, I do.  I'm posItive that you suck at spelling.

Offline bladestone9

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 06:45:18 pm »
and I am positive that you are an asshole

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »
and I am positive that you are an asshole

Offline bladestone9

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 06:53:08 pm »
Dude you don't come onto the Coven Worldwide talking shit about KING DIAMOND and expect to get a good response...So YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP...AND GROW UP WHILE YOU'RE AT IT...WHAT ARE YOU LIKE 14 YEARS OLD ARE SOMETHING?

Offline bladestone9

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 06:57:54 pm »
Oh and one other thing...Thanks for the picture I like that one, copied it for future use.

Offline Grinder

• Deadly Lullabye
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 07:01:31 pm »
Dude you don't come onto the Coven Worldwide talking shit about KING DIAMOND and expect to get a good response...So YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP...AND GROW UP WHILE YOU'RE AT IT...WHAT ARE YOU LIKE 14 YEARS OLD ARE SOMETHING?

First of all, I have never "talked shit" about King Diamond.  All I ever said was that I don't like the new album.  You seem to be taking this really personally and come across as a fanboy type.  Maybe it's YOU who needs to grow up? 

Second, you started this whole thing with that "sleep with your mother" comment.  Reread the thread if you don't remember. 

Offline bladestone9

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 07:04:09 pm »
Hey dipshit....I started this thread...It's MY personal review..I am a Long Time Huge Fan...and If that makes me a "fanboy" I'm 36 I don't give a shit. I asked the question because I am curious what would make you so down on every comment you make on here. Guess it was your sister.