Author Topic: Questions to ask on Sunday  (Read 15663 times)

Offline Beelzebub

• The mother of postwhores!
  • SPAMBOT!
    • Banzai Records
Re: Questions to ask on Sunday
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 08:49:01 am »
not to sound like a dickhead, bu there are already a lot of interviews were he explains his believes. even on this board there are a lot of topics about it. so i hope you've read them already.
sorry if this made me sound like a smart-ass, but i would find it really sad if king would have to answer all those question that were asked a thousand times already during the years. a simple google or search on this board can answer those questions too.
oh, ranchersuezo, don't take this personal, i was speaking in general

I , for one, appreciate you efforts maarten. And it would be great if everyone does their homework first. But I'm sure King will be flooded with questions we already know the answers for. It's fun that it'll be happening in real time, but I would rather enjoy if the mods could compile a list of the original questions posted here and have King answer those. Maybe some other time!
As of October 2017, number of years I've been a coven member, waiting for the dvds: 12

Offline Nefarious_Priest

• Superpostwhore
  • One of the TYRANTS!!!!
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2007, 09:01:50 am »
Hey uh where do we post our q's? I tried lurking to find out but yeah i suck at lurking  :-[
\m/ Abbath \m/ \m/ Demonaz \m/ \m/ Horgh \m/
[IMG]http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/nefarious_p

Offline Countess De La Fey

• Superpostwhore
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2007, 09:06:10 am »
Hey uh where do we post our q's? I tried lurking to find out but yeah i suck at lurking  :-[

Here,but I think there will be a special thread for that. :)
\m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/  \m/

Offline maarten.

• The mother of postwhores!
  • NCS Team
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 09:11:51 am »
i've no idea how it will work tomorow, but i find it good that a lot of people already asked their questions, so then king can already have a look at it, and maybe we can answer some already who were answered by king in some interviews.

maybe we should make the FAQ a little bit bigger, a lot of things can be put in there if you ask me

and thanks Beelzebub :)

Neffie's penguin's

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 09:36:53 am »
It would be great if the chat would be "recorded" in some way - so everyone can view all the questions and answers a few days later...I think I can´t attend this great event! At this time I´m sitting in the train to Stuttgart...damn!

But it would be great if someone can ask my questions...as far as I know King can´t remember how he came up with the name King Diamond...but I´m not 100% sure if this is right...so it would be great if he could explain that...oh, and I have another question (I think it would be interesting for every Fan):

On the Nuclear Blast Mailorder is a Mini-LP of King Diamond listed (Release Date 20. July 2007) - it would be great if King could come up with some details (Tracklist, Coverartwork etc.) - Nuclear Blast said that it will be limited to 500 Pieces...that´s interesting, huh?

Offline Alexcinerator

• Banshee
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 11:20:27 am »
Just looked on the Nuclear Blast website and there you can click on the tracklist. It looks to me that it will contain songs from the shaped cd back in 1999. Would be cool if it comes in a shaped picdisc.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 11:32:30 am »
But I'm sure King will be flooded with questions we already know the answers for.
That's what I'm afraid of, so I try to be "original". I allready have 7 questions. ::) :-[

Offline Shagr

• Mandrake
  • Whoopy-fucking-doo.
    • Shagrmeister
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 12:21:30 pm »
I have two questions :

1) After Mercyful Fate reunion, after making the "In the shadows" there was greets sent by King to King Diamond members "I cannot wait for us to start recording the next King Diamond album Spider's Lullabye." I don't have the album here now, I'm abroad, but if I remember correctly it was sent to spesific band members (which probably were the "the Eye" line-up), but on Spider's there were 3 new musicians in the band Herb, Chris and Darrin. This line-up change was kinda surprise to me and these guys were along for the next 2 albums...what happened there? If I'm mistaken and the greets were send to just "KD crew" or to these new members, then I would like to know why this drastic line-up chage took place? I liked Spider's, loved Voodoo and HOG, so it definitely didn't change the quality of music, Andy was still there and (GOD forbid) will always be. But where did these guys come so suddenly to the line-up and how King got to know them and their skills etc. Was there some kind of audition or how things went.

Second question I forgot already...will post it later if it returns to my mind.
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Tri Landau

• One Of "Them"
  • I think Melissa's still with us.
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 12:53:10 pm »
I have two questions :

1) After Mercyful Fate reunion, after making the "In the shadows" there was greets sent by King to King Diamond members "I cannot wait for us to start recording the next King Diamond album Spider's Lullabye." I don't have the album here now, I'm abroad, but if I remember correctly it was sent to spesific band members (which probably were the "the Eye" line-up)

They were Andy La Rocque, Snowy Shaw, Mike Wead and Sharlee D'Angelo.

Offline Bloodfreak

• Lady In Black
  • THRASH ATTACK
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 03:26:35 pm »
Just looked on the Nuclear Blast website and there you can click on the tracklist. It looks to me that it will contain songs from the shaped cd back in 1999. Would be cool if it comes in a shaped picdisc.

Wow, you have eyes of an eagle! I had to look three times to see the [tracklist] button....ok this question is solved. But the other question is: Why do they release the Mini-LP? there are no new songs on it....or is it just from the label? Now I´m not sure If I sould buy this because it costs 17 Euro (a Mini-LP with already released stuff on it) - I wait for the coverartwork and that stuff....

Offline Hellborn Goat

• Superpostwhore
  • Goat
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 03:38:46 pm »
It would be great if the chat would be "recorded" in some way - so everyone can view all the questions and answers a few days later...I think I can´t attend this great event! At this time I´m sitting in the train to Stuttgart...damn!

Well, I assume that it's going to stay on the forum afterwards, like a normal thread? Maybe stickied and locked, but always there to read.
-Goat

Offline Shagr

• Mandrake
  • Whoopy-fucking-doo.
    • Shagrmeister
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 08:11:30 pm »
They were Andy La Rocque, Snowy Shaw, Mike Wead and Sharlee D'Angelo.

Thank you Dr. - Anyone else interested into this "sudden" change?
You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

Offline Grace

• Lurker From The Dark
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 09:17:54 pm »
OK... I am stuck at work all day tomorrow, with no chance in hell of getting home before midnight EST, so I have a few questions that I would like answered:

1. It seems that the gap between King Diamond and Mercyful Fate, musically, is slowly closing with every new release. The KD riffs are getting slower, heavier and "groovier" with some Far Eastern flairs... Also, the vocal lines seem to be more in the style of 90's MF. On the other hand, later Mercyful Fate releases started to draw nearer to a modern KD sound with faster tempos and more complex arrangements. I think this "unholy matrimony" sounds absolutely fantastic. Is this a conscious effort on your part, or is it just a natural evolution of your two projects becoming one musical idea, now that you can only really afford to entertain one of them, financially and time-wise?

2. This is by far your BEST album in over a decade and a half. Concratulations, and THANKS! The songs are more solid and there's a flow throughout the album, BOTH lyrically (with the recurring lines carrying over between songs), AND musically. Speaking of song writing... Will we ever see a Mike Wead song? He's a talented guitar player with a massive resume from top notch bands. His solos on "Soul" are incredibly melodic and fitting to each song's theme. I have a hard time thinking he can't even contribute with one riff? (Even Pete Blakk wrote some songs here and there, right?) Is there a reason for this?

(3. It seems that you are distancing yourself from your old vocal sound, referring to your older vocals as "unnaturally piercing" in some interviews. I, and I think many with me, have come to define your vocals as recorded on all those classic albums. Will that forever be a thing of the past? I miss all those intense and theatrical high stand-alone pitches, weaving fantastic melodies. Nowadays they are always buried in the mix - with very little delay or treble - almost sounding like a female singing in the background. Don't you feel sometimes that removing the higher pitches takes a toll on the classic KD melodies, with all the missed opportunities for haunting harmonies? I feel this is especially prominent in the verses of later releases, where your "normal" mid-range vocals don't really carry much melody until the chorus kicks in. Please, I assure you, I mean no disrespect. I am genuinely curious about this aspect of your approach to your vocals and the song writing pertaining to them alone.) - I know this was half explained in an interview and in the thread he posted, but I feel it wasn't properly covered. What was wrong with the old falsettos? Those falsettos were what we all got hooked on - "unnaturally piercing" in all their majestic grandeur.

I apologize for the length of these questions, but there is only that one time you get to actually ask what has been on your mind for a very long time.

Best regards, and immense thanks for all your fantastic music throughout the years,

G
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 10:00:33 pm by Grace »
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"If thine eyes deceive thee, pluck them out"

Offline manager

• Band
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 10:45:57 pm »
Just in case I can't get on.

When I saw KING in 2005 I sent a letter back to him through a roadie that was introduced to me by NILE's drummer. The letter talked about my Bro Budha who died, and it had a picture of Budha's KING DIAMOND tattoo, a picture of me dressed as KING standing between Budha & his brother Randy who are both wearing kilts, and it had a cartoon I drew of TAZ as KING. I have always wondered did KING really get this letter or did the guy just tell me that He did to shut me up. It is very important to me & Budha's family to know. Budha never got to see KING in person, and was as loyal and die hard as all of us. If you look through the threads you will find one I posted about My Bro.

I would also like to know what KING thinks of my Viking Ghost & Werewolf album concepts.

and to tell Him to get well and I will see Him in April at POPS

Letters give to technicians during a tour are always passed to King, however, it is in most occasions impossible for King to reply to the large number of mail he receive.
Ole Bang

Offline bladestone9

• Owner Of The "LOA" House
  • Taste Religion...Lick A Witch!
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007, 12:43:21 am »

Thank You Sir....That is good enough for me. I will let Budha's Mother know. :king: :D
I CAN'T GO TO HELL...SATAN STILL HAS THAT RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME.

Offline Walter_BR

• Salem
  • Justice is meaningless without freedom.
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2007, 01:58:14 am »
Well, i know all these "are you going to play in my country" questions sucks, but i'll have to ask it anyway...
It's been 11 years since tha last time he was here!!!

Also, i would like to ask these folowing questions:

1)  There's some tribute that you would like to record? If yes, can you tell us what song/band is it?

2)  What do you thinked of your shows at Monsters of Rock '96, Brazil?